Video: 'Sesame Street' Spoofs 'True Blood'
After getting into hot water for including Katy Perry's cleavage on a skit, "Sesame Street" moves on with another parody that would mean something more to adults than children. The muppet show is spoofing HBO's "True Blood", changing the title to "True Mud" and giving lesson in other words rhyming with "Mud".
The skit opens with a theme song of the original series but the lyric has been changed and the opening sequence is tamed down. Taking place at a bar that has Lafayette-lookalike, the skit welcomes a muppet with Bill Compton's hairstyle. Waitress, presumably Sookie, takes order from him and he requests for TruMud.
Other diners look at him and say, "He must be one of them grouches! Grouches love mud!" This particular scene is a reflection of "True Blood" season 1 where vampire Bill invited whispers when he walked into a human bar.
"Sesame Street" would begin its 41st season with a lot of stars such as Wanda Sykes, Chris O'Donnell, and Kara DioGuardi. Perry's "opposites" lesson which is supposed to be aired on New Year's Eve is no longer up for broadcast but "Katy Perry fans will still be able to view the video on You Tube."
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges