Official: Kate Beckinsale Back to 'Underworld 4', Production to Start in March 2011
After some talks about her possibility to return to "Underworld" movie franchise, Kate Beckinsale has finally signed up for "Underworld 4". Screen Gems and Lakeshore Entertainment announce, via The Hollywood Reporter, that the actress has sealed a deal to reprise her role as Selene after starring in the first two films.
The movie has also got a start date, being planned to kick off principal photography in March 2011 in Vancouver, Canada. They are currently looking for a director and an actress to portray Selene's daughter. The script was written by John Hlavin before undergoing revisions by J. Michael Straczynski.
"Underworld 4" has been set to come out in the U.S. on January 20, 2012. It was previously reported that Beckinsale's appearance in the movie would be a short one because she will "pass the torch" to one of her daughters. However, the latest official announcement does not mention further detail about her role.
Kate Beckinsale has appeared in a number of movies such as "Pearl Harbor", "Van Helsing" and "The Aviator". Her latest feature films are "Whiteout" and "Everybody's Fine" which both were released in 2009.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift