Official: Kate Beckinsale Back to 'Underworld 4', Production to Start in March 2011
After some talks about her possibility to return to "Underworld" movie franchise, Kate Beckinsale has finally signed up for "Underworld 4". Screen Gems and Lakeshore Entertainment announce, via The Hollywood Reporter, that the actress has sealed a deal to reprise her role as Selene after starring in the first two films.
The movie has also got a start date, being planned to kick off principal photography in March 2011 in Vancouver, Canada. They are currently looking for a director and an actress to portray Selene's daughter. The script was written by John Hlavin before undergoing revisions by J. Michael Straczynski.
"Underworld 4" has been set to come out in the U.S. on January 20, 2012. It was previously reported that Beckinsale's appearance in the movie would be a short one because she will "pass the torch" to one of her daughters. However, the latest official announcement does not mention further detail about her role.
Kate Beckinsale has appeared in a number of movies such as "Pearl Harbor", "Van Helsing" and "The Aviator". Her latest feature films are "Whiteout" and "Everybody's Fine" which both were released in 2009.
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos