Official: Kate Beckinsale Back to 'Underworld 4', Production to Start in March 2011
After some talks about her possibility to return to "Underworld" movie franchise, Kate Beckinsale has finally signed up for "Underworld 4". Screen Gems and Lakeshore Entertainment announce, via The Hollywood Reporter, that the actress has sealed a deal to reprise her role as Selene after starring in the first two films.
The movie has also got a start date, being planned to kick off principal photography in March 2011 in Vancouver, Canada. They are currently looking for a director and an actress to portray Selene's daughter. The script was written by John Hlavin before undergoing revisions by J. Michael Straczynski.
"Underworld 4" has been set to come out in the U.S. on January 20, 2012. It was previously reported that Beckinsale's appearance in the movie would be a short one because she will "pass the torch" to one of her daughters. However, the latest official announcement does not mention further detail about her role.
Kate Beckinsale has appeared in a number of movies such as "Pearl Harbor", "Van Helsing" and "The Aviator". Her latest feature films are "Whiteout" and "Everybody's Fine" which both were released in 2009.
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event