Crystal Bowersox Apologizes After Venting Her Frustration on Record Label
Allison Iraheta is not the only "American Idol" alumnus who slammed Jive Records this week as fellow "Idol" singer Crystal Bowersox has also aired her label frustration. While Iraheta hit back at her former label in a live concert, Bowersox took it to her Twitter to share her feeling.
The 2010 runner-up of the reality singing competition first re-tweeted a number of anti-major-label messages on the micro-blogging site. The dreadlocked singer then followed it up with a post which read, "Just frustrated with the politics of the industry. not just jive just disappointing how the industry has changed. every1s hands are tied."
Hours later, she retracted her message, writing "Thanks for all of the support, guys. i have more freedom than most signed artists, so imma stop complaining. i love what i do. i am blessed." She also apologized in another tweet, "Despite my gratitude and disgruntledness, I apologize 4a lack of prfessionlism ytrdy. Big girls d't cry, right? They thrw kicks and pnches."
Crystal Bowersox is signed to 19/Jive Records. Unlike some of the "Idol" alumni who release their debut album in November in the same year they graduated from "American Idol", she doesn't want to rush her own record. Instead of following the usual pattern to meet Christmas shopping session, she hopes to drop it next year in spring.
"[I don't want] just to have a product, but to have a good product, something that I will be proud of in 10, 15, 20 years," she said in a radio interview last month. "My debut album on a major label - it's a huge thing, and I don't want want to just put something out there that's thrown together to have something to sell. That's just not right."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'