Shortlist of 'Superman' Directors Names Zack Snyder, Matt Reeves and More
Warner Bros. has collected the names of several directors who could direct the next "Superman" film. According to Deadline Hollywood, those who are among the contenders are Zack Snyder, Matt Reeves, Tony Scott, Jonathan Liebesman and Duncan Jones.
Christopher Nolan, who is hired to play "godfather" role on the project, has reportedly met with the helmers included in the shortlist. The filmmaker is expected to submit his choice to the studio within the next few weeks, while Warner Bros. has to make the film by 2012 because they stand to lose certain rights to the iconic character in 2013.
Zack Snyder's upcoming film is "Sucker Punch", Matt Reeves directs "Let Me In", and Tony Scott directs Denzel Washington in "Unstoppable". Jonathan Liebesman has wrapped "Battle: Los Angeles", while Duncan Jones works behind the lens of "Source Code".
The next "Superman" movie, which is tentatively called "The Man of Steel", has a script written by David Goyer. No actor is cast as the title character since Zachary Levi and Jon Hamm, who were previously linked to the role, have dismissed the rumors.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle