Shortlist of 'Superman' Directors Names Zack Snyder, Matt Reeves and More
Warner Bros. has collected the names of several directors who could direct the next "Superman" film. According to Deadline Hollywood, those who are among the contenders are Zack Snyder, Matt Reeves, Tony Scott, Jonathan Liebesman and Duncan Jones.
Christopher Nolan, who is hired to play "godfather" role on the project, has reportedly met with the helmers included in the shortlist. The filmmaker is expected to submit his choice to the studio within the next few weeks, while Warner Bros. has to make the film by 2012 because they stand to lose certain rights to the iconic character in 2013.
Zack Snyder's upcoming film is "Sucker Punch", Matt Reeves directs "Let Me In", and Tony Scott directs Denzel Washington in "Unstoppable". Jonathan Liebesman has wrapped "Battle: Los Angeles", while Duncan Jones works behind the lens of "Source Code".
The next "Superman" movie, which is tentatively called "The Man of Steel", has a script written by David Goyer. No actor is cast as the title character since Zachary Levi and Jon Hamm, who were previously linked to the role, have dismissed the rumors.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says