Shortlist of 'Superman' Directors Names Zack Snyder, Matt Reeves and More
Warner Bros. has collected the names of several directors who could direct the next "Superman" film. According to Deadline Hollywood, those who are among the contenders are Zack Snyder, Matt Reeves, Tony Scott, Jonathan Liebesman and Duncan Jones.
Christopher Nolan, who is hired to play "godfather" role on the project, has reportedly met with the helmers included in the shortlist. The filmmaker is expected to submit his choice to the studio within the next few weeks, while Warner Bros. has to make the film by 2012 because they stand to lose certain rights to the iconic character in 2013.
Zack Snyder's upcoming film is "Sucker Punch", Matt Reeves directs "Let Me In", and Tony Scott directs Denzel Washington in "Unstoppable". Jonathan Liebesman has wrapped "Battle: Los Angeles", while Duncan Jones works behind the lens of "Source Code".
The next "Superman" movie, which is tentatively called "The Man of Steel", has a script written by David Goyer. No actor is cast as the title character since Zachary Levi and Jon Hamm, who were previously linked to the role, have dismissed the rumors.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy