Audience Favorite 'The King's Speech' Debuts Trailer
"The King's Speech" was dubbed People's Choice at the 35th Annual Toronto International Film Festival and the first trailer might explain why the movie could win such award. It highlights a British King's efforts to overcome a nervous stammer.
Despite the serious issue, the trailer debuted by Yahoo! Movies opens with funny sequences which see King George VI getting help from "exceptional" speech therapist Lionel Logue. From there, the trailer captures more serious moments since the King must prepare his speech in front of his people.
Playing King George VI is Colin Firth who is thrown as possible Oscar nominee due to his role in the movie. Geoffrey Rush co-stars as the therapist, with Helena Bonham Carter portraying the King's wife. Directed by Tom Hooper, "The King's Speech" will get limited U.S. release on November 24.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'