Audience Favorite 'The King's Speech' Debuts Trailer
"The King's Speech" was dubbed People's Choice at the 35th Annual Toronto International Film Festival and the first trailer might explain why the movie could win such award. It highlights a British King's efforts to overcome a nervous stammer.
Despite the serious issue, the trailer debuted by Yahoo! Movies opens with funny sequences which see King George VI getting help from "exceptional" speech therapist Lionel Logue. From there, the trailer captures more serious moments since the King must prepare his speech in front of his people.
Playing King George VI is Colin Firth who is thrown as possible Oscar nominee due to his role in the movie. Geoffrey Rush co-stars as the therapist, with Helena Bonham Carter portraying the King's wife. Directed by Tom Hooper, "The King's Speech" will get limited U.S. release on November 24.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama