Three Minutes of 'Iron Man 2' Alternate Opening Surface
"Iron Man 2" DVD and Blu-ray are set to hit stores on September 28 and will include some bonus materials such as an alternate opening which was not used in the finished version of the film. Now the approximately three-minute video of the deleted scenes have hit the web.
The alternate opening features Tony Stark, in Iron Man's costume, throwing up into a toilet of an airplane, probably due to his alcoholism. The video also includes footage featuring Pepper Potts kissing Iron Man's helmet before Stark jumps off the plane. The latter sequence was seen in the movie's trailers.
Director Jon Favreau has explained why the sequence was removed, claiming that he wanted to give Robert Downey Jr. a big entrance, and the reveal of Stark on stage after landing worked better without the opening bit of comedy, so Slash Film says.
"Iron Man 2", which hit U.S. theaters on May 7, follows Tony Stark who is forced by the government to share his technology with the military. The follow-up, "Iron Man 3", could come in 2012 and may use "Demon in a Bottle" storyline which sees Stark dealing with his alcohol addiction while trying to save his company and reputation from Justin Hammer.
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now