Three Minutes of 'Iron Man 2' Alternate Opening Surface
"Iron Man 2" DVD and Blu-ray are set to hit stores on September 28 and will include some bonus materials such as an alternate opening which was not used in the finished version of the film. Now the approximately three-minute video of the deleted scenes have hit the web.
The alternate opening features Tony Stark, in Iron Man's costume, throwing up into a toilet of an airplane, probably due to his alcoholism. The video also includes footage featuring Pepper Potts kissing Iron Man's helmet before Stark jumps off the plane. The latter sequence was seen in the movie's trailers.
Director Jon Favreau has explained why the sequence was removed, claiming that he wanted to give Robert Downey Jr. a big entrance, and the reveal of Stark on stage after landing worked better without the opening bit of comedy, so Slash Film says.
"Iron Man 2", which hit U.S. theaters on May 7, follows Tony Stark who is forced by the government to share his technology with the military. The follow-up, "Iron Man 3", could come in 2012 and may use "Demon in a Bottle" storyline which sees Stark dealing with his alcohol addiction while trying to save his company and reputation from Justin Hammer.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off