Three Minutes of 'Iron Man 2' Alternate Opening Surface
"Iron Man 2" DVD and Blu-ray are set to hit stores on September 28 and will include some bonus materials such as an alternate opening which was not used in the finished version of the film. Now the approximately three-minute video of the deleted scenes have hit the web.
The alternate opening features Tony Stark, in Iron Man's costume, throwing up into a toilet of an airplane, probably due to his alcoholism. The video also includes footage featuring Pepper Potts kissing Iron Man's helmet before Stark jumps off the plane. The latter sequence was seen in the movie's trailers.
Director Jon Favreau has explained why the sequence was removed, claiming that he wanted to give Robert Downey Jr. a big entrance, and the reveal of Stark on stage after landing worked better without the opening bit of comedy, so Slash Film says.
"Iron Man 2", which hit U.S. theaters on May 7, follows Tony Stark who is forced by the government to share his technology with the military. The follow-up, "Iron Man 3", could come in 2012 and may use "Demon in a Bottle" storyline which sees Stark dealing with his alcohol addiction while trying to save his company and reputation from Justin Hammer.
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera