Three Minutes of 'Iron Man 2' Alternate Opening Surface
"Iron Man 2" DVD and Blu-ray are set to hit stores on September 28 and will include some bonus materials such as an alternate opening which was not used in the finished version of the film. Now the approximately three-minute video of the deleted scenes have hit the web.
The alternate opening features Tony Stark, in Iron Man's costume, throwing up into a toilet of an airplane, probably due to his alcoholism. The video also includes footage featuring Pepper Potts kissing Iron Man's helmet before Stark jumps off the plane. The latter sequence was seen in the movie's trailers.
Director Jon Favreau has explained why the sequence was removed, claiming that he wanted to give Robert Downey Jr. a big entrance, and the reveal of Stark on stage after landing worked better without the opening bit of comedy, so Slash Film says.
"Iron Man 2", which hit U.S. theaters on May 7, follows Tony Stark who is forced by the government to share his technology with the military. The follow-up, "Iron Man 3", could come in 2012 and may use "Demon in a Bottle" storyline which sees Stark dealing with his alcohol addiction while trying to save his company and reputation from Justin Hammer.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal