Portia de Rossi Officially Takes Ellen DeGeneres' Last Name
"Arrested Development" star Portia de Rossi is now officially Mrs. DeGeneres. During a closed hearing on Thursday, September 23, a Los Angeles Superior Court commissioner has granted Portia the right to take the last name of her wife, Ellen DeGeneres, Associated Press reported.
The name change petition states that Portia's full name is now Portia Lee James DeGeneres. In a statement, the 37-year-old actress said, "I am thrilled to legally adopt my wife's name. I will continue to use Portia de Rossi for professional purposes."
Ellen, in the meantime, joked about the changing name on her Twitter page. On Thursday, the host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" wrote, "I just got some amazing news. The court has granted Portia's name change. She's now officially Portia Winfrey."
Portia de Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres wed on August 16, 2008 at their home in Beverly Hills, California. On taking their relationship to the ultimate level, Portia previously stated, "Marriage is a different way of being together. It's legal, and it's real, so there's that kind of formality to it that makes it very valid."
More Portia de Rossi News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences