Portia de Rossi Officially Takes Ellen DeGeneres' Last Name
"Arrested Development" star Portia de Rossi is now officially Mrs. DeGeneres. During a closed hearing on Thursday, September 23, a Los Angeles Superior Court commissioner has granted Portia the right to take the last name of her wife, Ellen DeGeneres, Associated Press reported.
The name change petition states that Portia's full name is now Portia Lee James DeGeneres. In a statement, the 37-year-old actress said, "I am thrilled to legally adopt my wife's name. I will continue to use Portia de Rossi for professional purposes."
Ellen, in the meantime, joked about the changing name on her Twitter page. On Thursday, the host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" wrote, "I just got some amazing news. The court has granted Portia's name change. She's now officially Portia Winfrey."
Portia de Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres wed on August 16, 2008 at their home in Beverly Hills, California. On taking their relationship to the ultimate level, Portia previously stated, "Marriage is a different way of being together. It's legal, and it's real, so there's that kind of formality to it that makes it very valid."
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards