Portia de Rossi Officially Takes Ellen DeGeneres' Last Name
"Arrested Development" star Portia de Rossi is now officially Mrs. DeGeneres. During a closed hearing on Thursday, September 23, a Los Angeles Superior Court commissioner has granted Portia the right to take the last name of her wife, Ellen DeGeneres, Associated Press reported.
The name change petition states that Portia's full name is now Portia Lee James DeGeneres. In a statement, the 37-year-old actress said, "I am thrilled to legally adopt my wife's name. I will continue to use Portia de Rossi for professional purposes."
Ellen, in the meantime, joked about the changing name on her Twitter page. On Thursday, the host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" wrote, "I just got some amazing news. The court has granted Portia's name change. She's now officially Portia Winfrey."
Portia de Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres wed on August 16, 2008 at their home in Beverly Hills, California. On taking their relationship to the ultimate level, Portia previously stated, "Marriage is a different way of being together. It's legal, and it's real, so there's that kind of formality to it that makes it very valid."
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host