Portia de Rossi Officially Takes Ellen DeGeneres' Last Name
"Arrested Development" star Portia de Rossi is now officially Mrs. DeGeneres. During a closed hearing on Thursday, September 23, a Los Angeles Superior Court commissioner has granted Portia the right to take the last name of her wife, Ellen DeGeneres, Associated Press reported.
The name change petition states that Portia's full name is now Portia Lee James DeGeneres. In a statement, the 37-year-old actress said, "I am thrilled to legally adopt my wife's name. I will continue to use Portia de Rossi for professional purposes."
Ellen, in the meantime, joked about the changing name on her Twitter page. On Thursday, the host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" wrote, "I just got some amazing news. The court has granted Portia's name change. She's now officially Portia Winfrey."
Portia de Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres wed on August 16, 2008 at their home in Beverly Hills, California. On taking their relationship to the ultimate level, Portia previously stated, "Marriage is a different way of being together. It's legal, and it's real, so there's that kind of formality to it that makes it very valid."
More Portia de Rossi News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season