Portia de Rossi Officially Takes Ellen DeGeneres' Last Name
"Arrested Development" star Portia de Rossi is now officially Mrs. DeGeneres. During a closed hearing on Thursday, September 23, a Los Angeles Superior Court commissioner has granted Portia the right to take the last name of her wife, Ellen DeGeneres, Associated Press reported.
The name change petition states that Portia's full name is now Portia Lee James DeGeneres. In a statement, the 37-year-old actress said, "I am thrilled to legally adopt my wife's name. I will continue to use Portia de Rossi for professional purposes."
Ellen, in the meantime, joked about the changing name on her Twitter page. On Thursday, the host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" wrote, "I just got some amazing news. The court has granted Portia's name change. She's now officially Portia Winfrey."
Portia de Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres wed on August 16, 2008 at their home in Beverly Hills, California. On taking their relationship to the ultimate level, Portia previously stated, "Marriage is a different way of being together. It's legal, and it's real, so there's that kind of formality to it that makes it very valid."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'