'Undercovers' 1.02 Preview: Instruction
"Undercovers", J.J. Abrams' production after "Lost" has officially kicked off its debut season on Wednesday, September 22 with an introduction of two ex-spies who are forced to get back in duty line after their former colleague went missing. The married couple is now taking another mission from CIA to rescue some scientists.
When a private security detail in Pakistan murders the scientists they're paid to protect and kidnaps the lead scientist, CIA handler Shaw sends married spies Steven and Samantha to the rescue. With agents Hoyt and Leo as back up, our team travels to the beaches of Turks & Caicos, the slums of Caracas, and the center of Stockholm as they race to prevent the kidnappers from forcing the scientist to perform her expertise - building a miniature bomb for their impending attack. Amid this security threat, the most danger may come when Leo meets Samantha's sister Lizzy.
"Instructions" airs Wednesday, September 29 on NBC.
Casting African-American Boris Kodjoe and Gugu Mbatha-Raw as the lead cast, the series is drawing controversy already. "We don't consider what we are doing as revolutionizing TV, but we do realize it is a big deal," producer Josh Reims said. "We all wish it wasn't such a big deal that there are two black characters who are the leads on a major TV show on a major network, but unfortunately, that's the way it is right now."
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami