'Undercovers' 1.02 Preview: Instruction
"Undercovers", J.J. Abrams' production after "Lost" has officially kicked off its debut season on Wednesday, September 22 with an introduction of two ex-spies who are forced to get back in duty line after their former colleague went missing. The married couple is now taking another mission from CIA to rescue some scientists.
When a private security detail in Pakistan murders the scientists they're paid to protect and kidnaps the lead scientist, CIA handler Shaw sends married spies Steven and Samantha to the rescue. With agents Hoyt and Leo as back up, our team travels to the beaches of Turks & Caicos, the slums of Caracas, and the center of Stockholm as they race to prevent the kidnappers from forcing the scientist to perform her expertise - building a miniature bomb for their impending attack. Amid this security threat, the most danger may come when Leo meets Samantha's sister Lizzy.
"Instructions" airs Wednesday, September 29 on NBC.
Casting African-American Boris Kodjoe and Gugu Mbatha-Raw as the lead cast, the series is drawing controversy already. "We don't consider what we are doing as revolutionizing TV, but we do realize it is a big deal," producer Josh Reims said. "We all wish it wasn't such a big deal that there are two black characters who are the leads on a major TV show on a major network, but unfortunately, that's the way it is right now."
- Tarek and Christina El Moussa 'Desperately Trying' to Stay in the Limelight by Eying Solo Shows
- Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
- Listen to Lana Del Rey's Long-Awaited Dreamy Song 'Love'
- Liam Payne Is Doing Home Renovation Before Cheryl Gives Birth
- Britney Spears Bares Her Naked Body in NSFW Instagram Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.11 Sneak Peeks: What Happens to Dwight After Daryl's Escape?
- Madonna's New Twins Singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' Are Just Too Cute
- Report: Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance With Eleanor Calder Two Years After Split