Linkin Park Lead Billboard Hot 200 With 'A Thousand Suns'
Linkin Park shine bright atop Billboard Hot 200 with their fourth studio album "A Thousand Suns". The rock record arrives on the chart with 241,000 sold. Although the selling number is far below its predecessor "Minutes to Midnight" which opened with 625,000 in 2006, it's enough to block another new release Trey Songz's "Passion, Pain & Pleasure" from the hot spot.
Following closely behind "Thousand Suns" on the U.S. albums chart with 240,000, "Pain & Pleasure" secures this week's runner-up position. It so far becomes Songz's best sales week and his highest-charting album. Last year, he could only debut at No. 3 with "Ready" which sold 131,000 in its first week.
The next spot on the list belongs to Eminem's double-platinum album "Recovery" which adds another 89,000 copies this week. It seems that the Slim Shady gets sale boost from his opening performance at the recent MTV Video Music Awards.
The other VMAs performer who stays at the Top 10 is Justin Bieber. The Canadian teen idol who performed medley of his hit singles "Baby" and "Somebody to Love" at the prize-giving show sits at No. 10 with "My World 2.0". Katy Perry who happened to present Best Male Video award at the event takes one spot higher than Bieber. Her "Teenage Dream" sits at No. 9.
The rest of the chart see new entries ranging from Jamey Johnson's "The Guitar Song" at No. 4, Robert Plant's "Band of Joy" at No. 5, Weezer's "Hurley" at No. 6 and Brandon Flowers' "Flamingo" at No. 8. In between the spots secured by the new releases, there is "Now 35: That's What I Call Music" sitting at No. 7.
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "A Thousand Suns" - Linkin Park (241,000)
- "Passion, Pain & Pleasure" - Trey Songz (240,000)
- "Recovery" - Eminem (89,000)
- "The Guitar Song" - Jamey Johnson (63,000)
- "Band of Joy" - Robert Plant (49,000)
- "Hurley" - Weezer (45,000)
- "Now 35: That's What I Call Music" - various artists (41,000)
- "Flamingo" - Brandon Flowers (41,000)
- "Teenage Dream" - Katy Perry (40,000)
- "My World 2.0" - Justin Bieber (36,000)
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal