Scarlett Johansson to Reprise Black Widow in Solo Movie
There will be more Scarlett Johansson in tight leather suit. Her "Iron Man 2" character, Black Widow, is going to get a solo movie as Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige confirmed that discussions are already in the works to have Johansson reprising her role as Natasha Romanoff in a spin-off film.
"We've already started discussions with Scarlett about the idea of a solo movie and have begun putting together concepts," Feige told Superhero Hype at a press conference for the "Iron Man 2" Blu-ray/DVD on September 22. "But 'The Avengers' comes first."
There is no further detail on Black Widow movie since nothing has been set in stone about the project. Johansson, however, has been tapped to reprise Black Widow in Joss Whedon's "The Avengers" which may kick off principal photography in February 2011 in Los Angeles for May 4, 2012 U.S. release.
Black Widow is one of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and also a member of The Avengers. She is featured in "Iron Man 2" movie as an undercover spy for S.H.I.E.L.D., posing as Tony Stark's assistant.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'