Scarlett Johansson to Reprise Black Widow in Solo Movie
There will be more Scarlett Johansson in tight leather suit. Her "Iron Man 2" character, Black Widow, is going to get a solo movie as Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige confirmed that discussions are already in the works to have Johansson reprising her role as Natasha Romanoff in a spin-off film.
"We've already started discussions with Scarlett about the idea of a solo movie and have begun putting together concepts," Feige told Superhero Hype at a press conference for the "Iron Man 2" Blu-ray/DVD on September 22. "But 'The Avengers' comes first."
There is no further detail on Black Widow movie since nothing has been set in stone about the project. Johansson, however, has been tapped to reprise Black Widow in Joss Whedon's "The Avengers" which may kick off principal photography in February 2011 in Los Angeles for May 4, 2012 U.S. release.
Black Widow is one of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and also a member of The Avengers. She is featured in "Iron Man 2" movie as an undercover spy for S.H.I.E.L.D., posing as Tony Stark's assistant.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media