Scarlett Johansson to Reprise Black Widow in Solo Movie
There will be more Scarlett Johansson in tight leather suit. Her "Iron Man 2" character, Black Widow, is going to get a solo movie as Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige confirmed that discussions are already in the works to have Johansson reprising her role as Natasha Romanoff in a spin-off film.
"We've already started discussions with Scarlett about the idea of a solo movie and have begun putting together concepts," Feige told Superhero Hype at a press conference for the "Iron Man 2" Blu-ray/DVD on September 22. "But 'The Avengers' comes first."
There is no further detail on Black Widow movie since nothing has been set in stone about the project. Johansson, however, has been tapped to reprise Black Widow in Joss Whedon's "The Avengers" which may kick off principal photography in February 2011 in Los Angeles for May 4, 2012 U.S. release.
Black Widow is one of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and also a member of The Avengers. She is featured in "Iron Man 2" movie as an undercover spy for S.H.I.E.L.D., posing as Tony Stark's assistant.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation