Scarlett Johansson to Reprise Black Widow in Solo Movie
There will be more Scarlett Johansson in tight leather suit. Her "Iron Man 2" character, Black Widow, is going to get a solo movie as Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige confirmed that discussions are already in the works to have Johansson reprising her role as Natasha Romanoff in a spin-off film.
"We've already started discussions with Scarlett about the idea of a solo movie and have begun putting together concepts," Feige told Superhero Hype at a press conference for the "Iron Man 2" Blu-ray/DVD on September 22. "But 'The Avengers' comes first."
There is no further detail on Black Widow movie since nothing has been set in stone about the project. Johansson, however, has been tapped to reprise Black Widow in Joss Whedon's "The Avengers" which may kick off principal photography in February 2011 in Los Angeles for May 4, 2012 U.S. release.
Black Widow is one of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and also a member of The Avengers. She is featured in "Iron Man 2" movie as an undercover spy for S.H.I.E.L.D., posing as Tony Stark's assistant.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'