Pictures: Shakira Live in Concert at Madison Square Garden
Shakira stopped by Madison Square Garden in New York City on Tuesday night, September 21 as part of her traveling show to support upcoming studio album "Sale El Sol". She shouted to audience in beginning of the concert, "I'm here to please you!...Remember tonight I'm all yours."
Indeed, Shakira was all out, bringing the joy to the Big Apple and giving more than music. She kissed kids, shared hug with moms and got up close with male fans. Wearing tight pants, she catered fans with songs from her long catalog.
Kicked off with thumping track "Why Wait", the gig continued with such songs as Shakira's danceable "Whenever, Wherever", worldwide hit "Hips Don't Lie" and latest single "Loca". She also covered Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" before finally closing the night with 2010 World Cup anthem "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)".
Spotted among the audience were Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos, along with the former president of Chile, Michelle Bachelet, Queen Rania of Jordan and actor Jim Carrey. "It's really an honor for us," Shakira said, thanking the president of her homeland for attending.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences