Pictures: Shakira Live in Concert at Madison Square Garden
Shakira stopped by Madison Square Garden in New York City on Tuesday night, September 21 as part of her traveling show to support upcoming studio album "Sale El Sol". She shouted to audience in beginning of the concert, "I'm here to please you!...Remember tonight I'm all yours."
Indeed, Shakira was all out, bringing the joy to the Big Apple and giving more than music. She kissed kids, shared hug with moms and got up close with male fans. Wearing tight pants, she catered fans with songs from her long catalog.
Kicked off with thumping track "Why Wait", the gig continued with such songs as Shakira's danceable "Whenever, Wherever", worldwide hit "Hips Don't Lie" and latest single "Loca". She also covered Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" before finally closing the night with 2010 World Cup anthem "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)".
Spotted among the audience were Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos, along with the former president of Chile, Michelle Bachelet, Queen Rania of Jordan and actor Jim Carrey. "It's really an honor for us," Shakira said, thanking the president of her homeland for attending.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7