Pictures: Shakira Live in Concert at Madison Square Garden
Shakira stopped by Madison Square Garden in New York City on Tuesday night, September 21 as part of her traveling show to support upcoming studio album "Sale El Sol". She shouted to audience in beginning of the concert, "I'm here to please you!...Remember tonight I'm all yours."
Indeed, Shakira was all out, bringing the joy to the Big Apple and giving more than music. She kissed kids, shared hug with moms and got up close with male fans. Wearing tight pants, she catered fans with songs from her long catalog.
Kicked off with thumping track "Why Wait", the gig continued with such songs as Shakira's danceable "Whenever, Wherever", worldwide hit "Hips Don't Lie" and latest single "Loca". She also covered Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" before finally closing the night with 2010 World Cup anthem "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)".
Spotted among the audience were Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos, along with the former president of Chile, Michelle Bachelet, Queen Rania of Jordan and actor Jim Carrey. "It's really an honor for us," Shakira said, thanking the president of her homeland for attending.
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now