Pictures: Shakira Live in Concert at Madison Square Garden
Shakira stopped by Madison Square Garden in New York City on Tuesday night, September 21 as part of her traveling show to support upcoming studio album "Sale El Sol". She shouted to audience in beginning of the concert, "I'm here to please you!...Remember tonight I'm all yours."
Indeed, Shakira was all out, bringing the joy to the Big Apple and giving more than music. She kissed kids, shared hug with moms and got up close with male fans. Wearing tight pants, she catered fans with songs from her long catalog.
Kicked off with thumping track "Why Wait", the gig continued with such songs as Shakira's danceable "Whenever, Wherever", worldwide hit "Hips Don't Lie" and latest single "Loca". She also covered Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" before finally closing the night with 2010 World Cup anthem "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)".
Spotted among the audience were Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos, along with the former president of Chile, Michelle Bachelet, Queen Rania of Jordan and actor Jim Carrey. "It's really an honor for us," Shakira said, thanking the president of her homeland for attending.
More Shakira News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season