Coming Out Strong, 'Boardwalk Empire' Wins Season 2
"Boardwalk Empire" opened to a strong number and for that it's granted a second season. HBO has renewed the new series starring Steve Buscemi after only one episode that attracted 4.8 million viewers. The cable has not absorbed such amount of rating since the 2004 opener of "Deadwood".
"All the ingredients aligned for this one, from Mark Wahlberg and Steve Levinson's initial pitch, to Martin Scorsese's enormous contributions as director and executive producer, to the genius of Terry Winter and the expertise of Tim Van Patten, to a stellar cast led by Steve Buscemi," said president of HBO programming Michael Lombardo. "The response from the media and our viewers has been nothing short of amazing."
The second season is actually a given considering the amount of money spent to erect the magnificent set. The big investment includes an actual boardwalk and costumes that resemble America in 1920s. The cast are not one to be underestimated as well. Apart from the Emmy-nominated Buscemi, the series include Golden Globe nominee Kelly MacDonald and Oscar nominee Michael Shannon.
"Boardwalk Empire" will return this Sunday, September 26 with the episode called "The Ivory Tower". Preview of it is embedded below.
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet