Coming Out Strong, 'Boardwalk Empire' Wins Season 2
"Boardwalk Empire" opened to a strong number and for that it's granted a second season. HBO has renewed the new series starring Steve Buscemi after only one episode that attracted 4.8 million viewers. The cable has not absorbed such amount of rating since the 2004 opener of "Deadwood".
"All the ingredients aligned for this one, from Mark Wahlberg and Steve Levinson's initial pitch, to Martin Scorsese's enormous contributions as director and executive producer, to the genius of Terry Winter and the expertise of Tim Van Patten, to a stellar cast led by Steve Buscemi," said president of HBO programming Michael Lombardo. "The response from the media and our viewers has been nothing short of amazing."
The second season is actually a given considering the amount of money spent to erect the magnificent set. The big investment includes an actual boardwalk and costumes that resemble America in 1920s. The cast are not one to be underestimated as well. Apart from the Emmy-nominated Buscemi, the series include Golden Globe nominee Kelly MacDonald and Oscar nominee Michael Shannon.
"Boardwalk Empire" will return this Sunday, September 26 with the episode called "The Ivory Tower". Preview of it is embedded below.
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves