Coming Out Strong, 'Boardwalk Empire' Wins Season 2
"Boardwalk Empire" opened to a strong number and for that it's granted a second season. HBO has renewed the new series starring Steve Buscemi after only one episode that attracted 4.8 million viewers. The cable has not absorbed such amount of rating since the 2004 opener of "Deadwood".
"All the ingredients aligned for this one, from Mark Wahlberg and Steve Levinson's initial pitch, to Martin Scorsese's enormous contributions as director and executive producer, to the genius of Terry Winter and the expertise of Tim Van Patten, to a stellar cast led by Steve Buscemi," said president of HBO programming Michael Lombardo. "The response from the media and our viewers has been nothing short of amazing."
The second season is actually a given considering the amount of money spent to erect the magnificent set. The big investment includes an actual boardwalk and costumes that resemble America in 1920s. The cast are not one to be underestimated as well. Apart from the Emmy-nominated Buscemi, the series include Golden Globe nominee Kelly MacDonald and Oscar nominee Michael Shannon.
"Boardwalk Empire" will return this Sunday, September 26 with the episode called "The Ivory Tower". Preview of it is embedded below.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?