Vincent D'Onofrio Returns for 'Law and Order: CI' Series Finale
As expected Vincent D'Onofrio is returning to "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" and this means the series will be back for the tenth and final season. Months-long deals have been taking place to bring back the depicter of Detective Robert Goren so that USA Network could give the show a proper closure.
Announced at the same time, the casting and the renewal confirm that the "Law & Order" franchise is taking a bow due to a decline in rating. The network has ordered 8 episodes for the final season which would start airing sometime in 2011. Deadline reports that the producers are still trying to bring back other "CI" alums including Kathryn Erbe.
USA also used the Tuesday, September 21 announcement to talk about a new project with series creator Dick Wolf. "We have been the fortunate caretakers of this legendary series, and we plan to give it the world-class farewell it so richly deserves. Dick and his team promise to create a major event for television with incredible surprises," said Jeff Wachtel, USA's president of original programming. "The plan is for this to be the series finale, but with a Dick Wolf franchise, one really never knows until it's over."
Cast Jeff Goldblum has left the show in August due to "uncertainty" of the show's future and an agency switch.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy