Vincent D'Onofrio Returns for 'Law and Order: CI' Series Finale
As expected Vincent D'Onofrio is returning to "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" and this means the series will be back for the tenth and final season. Months-long deals have been taking place to bring back the depicter of Detective Robert Goren so that USA Network could give the show a proper closure.
Announced at the same time, the casting and the renewal confirm that the "Law & Order" franchise is taking a bow due to a decline in rating. The network has ordered 8 episodes for the final season which would start airing sometime in 2011. Deadline reports that the producers are still trying to bring back other "CI" alums including Kathryn Erbe.
USA also used the Tuesday, September 21 announcement to talk about a new project with series creator Dick Wolf. "We have been the fortunate caretakers of this legendary series, and we plan to give it the world-class farewell it so richly deserves. Dick and his team promise to create a major event for television with incredible surprises," said Jeff Wachtel, USA's president of original programming. "The plan is for this to be the series finale, but with a Dick Wolf franchise, one really never knows until it's over."
Cast Jeff Goldblum has left the show in August due to "uncertainty" of the show's future and an agency switch.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked