Video Premiere: Carlos Santana's 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'
Carlos Santana is sharing screen with India.Arie in a music video for his latest track "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". Beside featuring Santana strumming his guitar and Arie tackling the singing part, the clip also has narrative footage which follows a young woman who dreams of becoming a musician but has to do burlesque for a living.
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is a 1968 song written by George Harrison of The Beatles from the band's double album "The Beatles [White Album]". In covering the classic ballad, Santana also gets help from certified cellist Yo-Yo Ma.
Listing it in his "Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics of All Time" which has just been released in United States on September 21, Carlos Santana already got blessing from Olivia Harrison, the widow of George, for the reworked song.
"It completes the circle really. Carlos is really the one that can close it. Eric Clapton did it, Prince did it [with] that incredible solo at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a few years ago," she told Spinner. "What that showed to me was no matter how hard you play the song, it doesn't have limitations. I think Carlos is not trying to blow his horn -- he's trying to play those notes that are appropriate."
Carlos Santana's "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" music video
- Topless Kim Kardashian and North West Are Included in New Kimojis. Get the Sneak Peeks
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities