Video Premiere: Carlos Santana's 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'
Carlos Santana is sharing screen with India.Arie in a music video for his latest track "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". Beside featuring Santana strumming his guitar and Arie tackling the singing part, the clip also has narrative footage which follows a young woman who dreams of becoming a musician but has to do burlesque for a living.
"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is a 1968 song written by George Harrison of The Beatles from the band's double album "The Beatles [White Album]". In covering the classic ballad, Santana also gets help from certified cellist Yo-Yo Ma.
Listing it in his "Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics of All Time" which has just been released in United States on September 21, Carlos Santana already got blessing from Olivia Harrison, the widow of George, for the reworked song.
"It completes the circle really. Carlos is really the one that can close it. Eric Clapton did it, Prince did it [with] that incredible solo at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a few years ago," she told Spinner. "What that showed to me was no matter how hard you play the song, it doesn't have limitations. I think Carlos is not trying to blow his horn -- he's trying to play those notes that are appropriate."
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik