Video: Selena Gomez Covers BFF Taylor Swift's Song
When Selena Gomez took the stage at LA County Fair to perform and support her second album "A Year Without Rain", she decided to pay homage to her BFF Taylor Swift. The starlet gave Swift's famous hit "You Belong With Me" a go, adding a rock touch to the country song.
At the September 18 night concert at Pomona, California, Gomez who was backed up by her band The Scene also treated the crowd with covers of other famous songs such as Weezer's "Island in the Sun", Katy Perry's "Hot N Cold", Pat Benetar's "Love is a Battlefield", and Jason Derulo's "In My Head". After the sold-out show was wrapped, Gomez tweeted, "Thank you everyone who came out tonight. I had so much fun!"
"A Year Without Rain" was released on September 17 in the U.S. Gomez admitted to consulting Swift about the album, saying "She's completely honest with me." Speaking of their friendship, Gomez said, "Taylor [Swift] has helped me through some really hard times, we talk every single day. It's kind of amazing that someone like her, who has sold millions of records, is still humble."
Gomez will next be seen making an appearance at Kmart Penn Station store in NYC on Thursday, September 23 from 5 to 7 P.M.
More Selena Gomez News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival