Video: Selena Gomez Covers BFF Taylor Swift's Song
When Selena Gomez took the stage at LA County Fair to perform and support her second album "A Year Without Rain", she decided to pay homage to her BFF Taylor Swift. The starlet gave Swift's famous hit "You Belong With Me" a go, adding a rock touch to the country song.
At the September 18 night concert at Pomona, California, Gomez who was backed up by her band The Scene also treated the crowd with covers of other famous songs such as Weezer's "Island in the Sun", Katy Perry's "Hot N Cold", Pat Benetar's "Love is a Battlefield", and Jason Derulo's "In My Head". After the sold-out show was wrapped, Gomez tweeted, "Thank you everyone who came out tonight. I had so much fun!"
"A Year Without Rain" was released on September 17 in the U.S. Gomez admitted to consulting Swift about the album, saying "She's completely honest with me." Speaking of their friendship, Gomez said, "Taylor [Swift] has helped me through some really hard times, we talk every single day. It's kind of amazing that someone like her, who has sold millions of records, is still humble."
Gomez will next be seen making an appearance at Kmart Penn Station store in NYC on Thursday, September 23 from 5 to 7 P.M.
More Selena Gomez News
- Chris Klein Welcomes First Child With Wife, Shares First Photos of Cute Baby Boy
- 'American Horror Story' First Season 6 Teasers Are Creepy as Hell
- JoJo to Release New Album 'Mad Love' in October
- Ed Sheeran Sparks Wedding Rumors After Spotted With Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed