Video: Selena Gomez Covers BFF Taylor Swift's Song
When Selena Gomez took the stage at LA County Fair to perform and support her second album "A Year Without Rain", she decided to pay homage to her BFF Taylor Swift. The starlet gave Swift's famous hit "You Belong With Me" a go, adding a rock touch to the country song.
At the September 18 night concert at Pomona, California, Gomez who was backed up by her band The Scene also treated the crowd with covers of other famous songs such as Weezer's "Island in the Sun", Katy Perry's "Hot N Cold", Pat Benetar's "Love is a Battlefield", and Jason Derulo's "In My Head". After the sold-out show was wrapped, Gomez tweeted, "Thank you everyone who came out tonight. I had so much fun!"
"A Year Without Rain" was released on September 17 in the U.S. Gomez admitted to consulting Swift about the album, saying "She's completely honest with me." Speaking of their friendship, Gomez said, "Taylor [Swift] has helped me through some really hard times, we talk every single day. It's kind of amazing that someone like her, who has sold millions of records, is still humble."
Gomez will next be seen making an appearance at Kmart Penn Station store in NYC on Thursday, September 23 from 5 to 7 P.M.
More Selena Gomez News
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos