Video: Selena Gomez Covers BFF Taylor Swift's Song
When Selena Gomez took the stage at LA County Fair to perform and support her second album "A Year Without Rain", she decided to pay homage to her BFF Taylor Swift. The starlet gave Swift's famous hit "You Belong With Me" a go, adding a rock touch to the country song.
At the September 18 night concert at Pomona, California, Gomez who was backed up by her band The Scene also treated the crowd with covers of other famous songs such as Weezer's "Island in the Sun", Katy Perry's "Hot N Cold", Pat Benetar's "Love is a Battlefield", and Jason Derulo's "In My Head". After the sold-out show was wrapped, Gomez tweeted, "Thank you everyone who came out tonight. I had so much fun!"
"A Year Without Rain" was released on September 17 in the U.S. Gomez admitted to consulting Swift about the album, saying "She's completely honest with me." Speaking of their friendship, Gomez said, "Taylor [Swift] has helped me through some really hard times, we talk every single day. It's kind of amazing that someone like her, who has sold millions of records, is still humble."
Gomez will next be seen making an appearance at Kmart Penn Station store in NYC on Thursday, September 23 from 5 to 7 P.M.
More Selena Gomez News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism