Artist of the Week: Maroon 5
After two strikes with "Songs About Jane" and "It Won't Be Soon Before Long", Maroon 5 will be back with a new album which takes more than two years to craft. "Hands All Over" is hoped to nail the band deeper on the ground following 15 million gold and platinum albums sold worldwide in 35 countries.
The new album has boasted "Misery" which is slowly climbing the Hot 100 chart and peaking at number 17. Although lower than most of the band's previous singles, "Misery" weakness is alluded by the sexy music video which is directed by the acclaimed Joseph Kahn and features Adam Levine's model girlfriend Anne Vyalitsyna as the female lead trying to kill her lover.
"Hands All Over" has also spawned a second single called "Give a Little More". But what could attract their fans to the new album is a collaboration with Grammy-winning country act Lady Antebellum in "Out of Goodbyes". "We've always loved country music and they brought that necessary twang to it with the lap steels, ambient guitar, and Hillary Scott's pretty country voice," Levine said.
The shaping of "Hands All Over" involved British record producer and songwriter Robert John "Mutt" Lange who had worked with Shania Twain, Bryan Adams and Nickelback among others. "We didn't even talk to anyone else. Mutt is undeniably one of the most successful producers who's ever lived," Levine gushed.
The band will release the album this Tuesday, September 21 and will go on trek for a number of shows starting October 6 in Santa Barbara, CA. The complete list of their shows is available on the band's MySpace.
More Maroon 5 News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered