Artist of the Week: Maroon 5
After two strikes with "Songs About Jane" and "It Won't Be Soon Before Long", Maroon 5 will be back with a new album which takes more than two years to craft. "Hands All Over" is hoped to nail the band deeper on the ground following 15 million gold and platinum albums sold worldwide in 35 countries.
The new album has boasted "Misery" which is slowly climbing the Hot 100 chart and peaking at number 17. Although lower than most of the band's previous singles, "Misery" weakness is alluded by the sexy music video which is directed by the acclaimed Joseph Kahn and features Adam Levine's model girlfriend Anne Vyalitsyna as the female lead trying to kill her lover.
"Hands All Over" has also spawned a second single called "Give a Little More". But what could attract their fans to the new album is a collaboration with Grammy-winning country act Lady Antebellum in "Out of Goodbyes". "We've always loved country music and they brought that necessary twang to it with the lap steels, ambient guitar, and Hillary Scott's pretty country voice," Levine said.
The shaping of "Hands All Over" involved British record producer and songwriter Robert John "Mutt" Lange who had worked with Shania Twain, Bryan Adams and Nickelback among others. "We didn't even talk to anyone else. Mutt is undeniably one of the most successful producers who's ever lived," Levine gushed.
The band will release the album this Tuesday, September 21 and will go on trek for a number of shows starting October 6 in Santa Barbara, CA. The complete list of their shows is available on the band's
More Maroon 5 News
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital