Randy Quaid and Wife Arrested and Charged for Felony Residential Burglary
Actor Randy Quaid and wife Evi Quaid were arrested on Saturday afternoon, September 18 for being so comfortable in a Montecito, California home they are accused of squatting in, TMZ reported. The couple was charged with felony residential burglary and entering a noncommercial building without consent, a misdemeanor. Evi was additionally charged with resisting arrest.
A source close to the situation told the site that the home's owner sent a realtor after an alarm went off that day. The realtor reportedly found the gate codes were changed, while security cameras had all been moved to face up. Randy was even said carving his initials in the mailbox. He, along with his wife, was also said breaking a $7,000 mirror and replacing it with their photograph.
The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department mentioned that Randy and Evi insisted they owned the property. However, a representative for the home owner had documents proving that his client had bought the house three years ago from a man who purchased it from the Quaids several years earlier.
Randy Quaid and Evi Quaid, who were charged with defrauding an innkeeper of more than $10,000 as well as conspiracy and burglary a year ago, are being held in Santa Barbara County Jail. Bail was set at $50,000 each.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'