Photo Gallery: 'Eastbound and Down' Season 2 Premiere
In order to emphasize the Mexican theme of "Eastbound & Down" season 2, Danny McBride brought along a donkey to the premiere. Paramount Studios was packed with celebrities on Thursday, September 16 when it hosted the green carpet premiere of the returning HBO series.
While McBride enjoyed the company of the animal, Will Ferrell came to the event with his producing partner Adam McKay. Michael Pena and Ana de la Reguera also made an appearance for they are the new cast members who will play the owner of the Mexican baseball team and Kenny's new love interest respectively.
Another recognizable face apart from the show's cast was Marilyn Manson. The goth rocker is widely known as the show's biggest fan and during the premiere he told MTV who he should portray if he's in for a cameo. "Stevie Janowski, that would be perfect," he said in reference to Steve Little's sidekick role. Also coming as the show's fan was actor Don Johnson.
Despite picking Mexico as the place where Kenny Powers goes next, the production was taking place in Puerto Rico. "We filmed in Puerto Rico. We fooled you, right? You thought it was Mexico," McBride to LA Times. "There's stuff happening in Mexico, so HBO didn't think it would be safe. We really wanted to shoot down there, but the powers that be didn't want us to so we went to Puerto Rico."
The new episode of "Eastbound & Down" airs September 26.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle