Photo Gallery: 'Eastbound and Down' Season 2 Premiere
In order to emphasize the Mexican theme of "Eastbound & Down" season 2, Danny McBride brought along a donkey to the premiere. Paramount Studios was packed with celebrities on Thursday, September 16 when it hosted the green carpet premiere of the returning HBO series.
While McBride enjoyed the company of the animal, Will Ferrell came to the event with his producing partner Adam McKay. Michael Pena and Ana de la Reguera also made an appearance for they are the new cast members who will play the owner of the Mexican baseball team and Kenny's new love interest respectively.
Another recognizable face apart from the show's cast was Marilyn Manson. The goth rocker is widely known as the show's biggest fan and during the premiere he told MTV who he should portray if he's in for a cameo. "Stevie Janowski, that would be perfect," he said in reference to Steve Little's sidekick role. Also coming as the show's fan was actor Don Johnson.
Despite picking Mexico as the place where Kenny Powers goes next, the production was taking place in Puerto Rico. "We filmed in Puerto Rico. We fooled you, right? You thought it was Mexico," McBride to LA Times. "There's stuff happening in Mexico, so HBO didn't think it would be safe. We really wanted to shoot down there, but the powers that be didn't want us to so we went to Puerto Rico."
The new episode of "Eastbound & Down" airs September 26.
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body