Owl City Debut 'To the Sky' Music Video
While "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole" is counting down to its wide release on theaters, Owl City support the promotion by releasing a music video for the soundtrack. "To the Sky" has been picked as the main theme of the movie for it perfectly describes the bird tale with its lyrics such as "So touch your feathers to the breeze/ And leave the ground."
There was actually a music video released for this theme song already but it focused largely on the movie's scenes. This new one captures frontman Adam Young in the screening room, writing the song and recording it. At the end of the video, Young turns to an owl.
"It is such an incredible honor to be part of this film," says Young. "As a fan of both the children's book series growing up, and Zack Snyder's work as a director, having my music included is pretty surreal. I've been waiting for someone to make a movie like this for some time now. I'm endlessly grateful to be involved."
"To the Sky" is the only song featured in the Original Soundtrack compilation. The rest of the music uses David Hirschfelder's scores which are available as downloads.
Directed by Zack Snyder, "Guardians of Ga'Hoole" is based on the beloved books by Kathryn Lasky. The film follows Soren, a young owl enthralled by his father's epic stories of the Guardians of Ga'Hoole, a mythic band of winged warriors who had fought a great battle to save all of owlkind from the evil Pure Ones. It hits U.S. theaters on September 24.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3