Owl City Debut 'To the Sky' Music Video
While "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole" is counting down to its wide release on theaters, Owl City support the promotion by releasing a music video for the soundtrack. "To the Sky" has been picked as the main theme of the movie for it perfectly describes the bird tale with its lyrics such as "So touch your feathers to the breeze/ And leave the ground."
There was actually a music video released for this theme song already but it focused largely on the movie's scenes. This new one captures frontman Adam Young in the screening room, writing the song and recording it. At the end of the video, Young turns to an owl.
"It is such an incredible honor to be part of this film," says Young. "As a fan of both the children's book series growing up, and Zack Snyder's work as a director, having my music included is pretty surreal. I've been waiting for someone to make a movie like this for some time now. I'm endlessly grateful to be involved."
"To the Sky" is the only song featured in the Original Soundtrack compilation. The rest of the music uses David Hirschfelder's scores which are available as downloads.
Directed by Zack Snyder, "Guardians of Ga'Hoole" is based on the beloved books by Kathryn Lasky. The film follows Soren, a young owl enthralled by his father's epic stories of the Guardians of Ga'Hoole, a mythic band of winged warriors who had fought a great battle to save all of owlkind from the evil Pure Ones. It hits U.S. theaters on September 24.
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App