Accused of Misdemeanor Battery, Adam Lambert Explains on Twitter
"American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert has taken it to his Twitter page to explain a battery allegation made against him. On Friday, September 17, Lambert wrote, "Battery? Nope. I attempted to grab a camera, no punches were thrown and no one was on the ground. It was literally harmless. If embarrassment is a crime-thats all I'm guilty of."
The incident itself happened when Lambert was relaxing in a Miami beach on Thursday, September 16. According to police report obtained by TMZ, Lambert grabbed a photographer's backpack "where the camera was placed" and "wrestled (him) to the ground forcefully." The report also mentioned that the alleged victim didn't sustain any "bruises or lacerations."
In pictures taken, Lambert was seen wearing turquoise shorts, a tank top, big straw hat and black fingernail polish. On this, the singer shared, "Hahha the photos are hilarious !! Lol please everyone forgive me for that hat. I was attempting a disguise - clearly failed." Although stating there was no scuffle, he admitted that the snapper ruined his day, writing "Eeew paparazzi killed my peaceful afternoon on the beach!"
Though the paparazzo has filed the report, accusing Lambert of misdemeanor battery, no arrest was made. A police spokesman revealed that there will be no investigation made, Associated Press further reported. The state attorney's office will review the report and decide if any charges will be filed.
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs