Accused of Misdemeanor Battery, Adam Lambert Explains on Twitter
"American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert has taken it to his Twitter page to explain a battery allegation made against him. On Friday, September 17, Lambert wrote, "Battery? Nope. I attempted to grab a camera, no punches were thrown and no one was on the ground. It was literally harmless. If embarrassment is a crime-thats all I'm guilty of."
The incident itself happened when Lambert was relaxing in a Miami beach on Thursday, September 16. According to police report obtained by TMZ, Lambert grabbed a photographer's backpack "where the camera was placed" and "wrestled (him) to the ground forcefully." The report also mentioned that the alleged victim didn't sustain any "bruises or lacerations."
In pictures taken, Lambert was seen wearing turquoise shorts, a tank top, big straw hat and black fingernail polish. On this, the singer shared, "Hahha the photos are hilarious !! Lol please everyone forgive me for that hat. I was attempting a disguise - clearly failed." Although stating there was no scuffle, he admitted that the snapper ruined his day, writing "Eeew paparazzi killed my peaceful afternoon on the beach!"
Though the paparazzo has filed the report, accusing Lambert of misdemeanor battery, no arrest was made. A police spokesman revealed that there will be no investigation made, Associated Press further reported. The state attorney's office will review the report and decide if any charges will be filed.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation