Russell Brand Leaves Police Station After Arrested for Alleged Battery
Trying to protect fiancee Katy Perry has landed Russell Brand into a trouble. The British funnyman has to be taken into custody after allegedly attacking paparazzi, who was blocking their path, at Los Angeles International Airport on Friday afternoon, September 17.
One of the alleged victims made the citizen's arrest and LAX cops facilitated it. According to a police statement, airport police responded to a "report of a battery involving a celebrity and a commercial photographer" and the alleged victim made a "private person's arrest," People reported.
Moreover, in a video posted by TMZ, Brand, who was walking through airport security with Perry to catch an afternoon flight, was seen pushing through a throng of photographers before seemingly shoving one snapper out of the way. The "Get Him to the Greek" actor, ironically, wore a T-shirt which says "God, come on, give me a break" at that time.
The site further reported that Brand has left the police station at around 6:30 P.M. after posting $20,000 bail. Cops said that Brand is being booked for battery. L.A. City Attorney's Office spokesman Frank Mateljan said that if convicted of misdemeanor battery, the actor could face up to six months to a year in jail.
While Brand has not made any comment following the arrest, Perry has taken to her Twitter to defend her fiance. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker wrote, "If you cross the line & try an put a lens up my dress, my fiance will do his job & protect me."
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'