Russell Brand Leaves Police Station After Arrested for Alleged Battery
Trying to protect fiancee Katy Perry has landed Russell Brand into a trouble. The British funnyman has to be taken into custody after allegedly attacking paparazzi, who was blocking their path, at Los Angeles International Airport on Friday afternoon, September 17.
One of the alleged victims made the citizen's arrest and LAX cops facilitated it. According to a police statement, airport police responded to a "report of a battery involving a celebrity and a commercial photographer" and the alleged victim made a "private person's arrest," People reported.
Moreover, in a video posted by TMZ, Brand, who was walking through airport security with Perry to catch an afternoon flight, was seen pushing through a throng of photographers before seemingly shoving one snapper out of the way. The "Get Him to the Greek" actor, ironically, wore a T-shirt which says "God, come on, give me a break" at that time.
The site further reported that Brand has left the police station at around 6:30 P.M. after posting $20,000 bail. Cops said that Brand is being booked for battery. L.A. City Attorney's Office spokesman Frank Mateljan said that if convicted of misdemeanor battery, the actor could face up to six months to a year in jail.
While Brand has not made any comment following the arrest, Perry has taken to her Twitter to defend her fiance. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker wrote, "If you cross the line & try an put a lens up my dress, my fiance will do his job & protect me."
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly