Russell Brand Leaves Police Station After Arrested for Alleged Battery
Trying to protect fiancee Katy Perry has landed Russell Brand into a trouble. The British funnyman has to be taken into custody after allegedly attacking paparazzi, who was blocking their path, at Los Angeles International Airport on Friday afternoon, September 17.
One of the alleged victims made the citizen's arrest and LAX cops facilitated it. According to a police statement, airport police responded to a "report of a battery involving a celebrity and a commercial photographer" and the alleged victim made a "private person's arrest," People reported.
Moreover, in a video posted by TMZ, Brand, who was walking through airport security with Perry to catch an afternoon flight, was seen pushing through a throng of photographers before seemingly shoving one snapper out of the way. The "Get Him to the Greek" actor, ironically, wore a T-shirt which says "God, come on, give me a break" at that time.
The site further reported that Brand has left the police station at around 6:30 P.M. after posting $20,000 bail. Cops said that Brand is being booked for battery. L.A. City Attorney's Office spokesman Frank Mateljan said that if convicted of misdemeanor battery, the actor could face up to six months to a year in jail.
While Brand has not made any comment following the arrest, Perry has taken to her Twitter to defend her fiance. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker wrote, "If you cross the line & try an put a lens up my dress, my fiance will do his job & protect me."
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'