'Wanted' Creator Directs Superhero Movie, Shares Photos and Details
Mark Millar has opened up about his first directed movie "Miracle Park". The 40-year-old Scottish, who writes some comic book series like "Wanted", has shared details about the low-budget project, including plot and behind the scene pictures, to IGN.
Called a dark superhero story, the film is set in contemporary Scotland and "focuses on a group of animal rights activists who break into a low-level research laboratory to find a mile-long underground base owned and facilitated by the US government."
It is described as the "X-Men" meets "Trainspotting" which will break "all the taboos of superhero cinema" and offer "a completely new take on the genre." " 'Miracle Park' is chilling, violent and a totally new experience in cinema. Miracle Park starts where other superhero movies draw the line," the statement also mentions.
As for the production, "The movie is shot entirely on a hand-held camera, establishing a tone more consistent with 'Paranormal Activity' or 'The Last Exorcism' than a traditional superhero release." The filming is scheduled to finish at the end of October, followed by post-production which will last until January when a teaser trailer is ready to be debuted.
Mark Millar is one of the highest selling British comic-book writers. Some of his works have been adapted into feature films such as "Wanted (2008)" and "Kick-Ass". His other comic book which will be turned into a movie is "Nemesis".
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'