'Wanted' Creator Directs Superhero Movie, Shares Photos and Details
Mark Millar has opened up about his first directed movie "Miracle Park". The 40-year-old Scottish, who writes some comic book series like "Wanted", has shared details about the low-budget project, including plot and behind the scene pictures, to IGN.
Called a dark superhero story, the film is set in contemporary Scotland and "focuses on a group of animal rights activists who break into a low-level research laboratory to find a mile-long underground base owned and facilitated by the US government."
It is described as the "X-Men" meets "Trainspotting" which will break "all the taboos of superhero cinema" and offer "a completely new take on the genre." " 'Miracle Park' is chilling, violent and a totally new experience in cinema. Miracle Park starts where other superhero movies draw the line," the statement also mentions.
As for the production, "The movie is shot entirely on a hand-held camera, establishing a tone more consistent with 'Paranormal Activity' or 'The Last Exorcism' than a traditional superhero release." The filming is scheduled to finish at the end of October, followed by post-production which will last until January when a teaser trailer is ready to be debuted.
Mark Millar is one of the highest selling British comic-book writers. Some of his works have been adapted into feature films such as "Wanted (2008)" and "Kick-Ass". His other comic book which will be turned into a movie is "Nemesis".
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'