'Wanted' Creator Directs Superhero Movie, Shares Photos and Details
Mark Millar has opened up about his first directed movie "Miracle Park". The 40-year-old Scottish, who writes some comic book series like "Wanted", has shared details about the low-budget project, including plot and behind the scene pictures, to IGN.
Called a dark superhero story, the film is set in contemporary Scotland and "focuses on a group of animal rights activists who break into a low-level research laboratory to find a mile-long underground base owned and facilitated by the US government."
It is described as the "X-Men" meets "Trainspotting" which will break "all the taboos of superhero cinema" and offer "a completely new take on the genre." " 'Miracle Park' is chilling, violent and a totally new experience in cinema. Miracle Park starts where other superhero movies draw the line," the statement also mentions.
As for the production, "The movie is shot entirely on a hand-held camera, establishing a tone more consistent with 'Paranormal Activity' or 'The Last Exorcism' than a traditional superhero release." The filming is scheduled to finish at the end of October, followed by post-production which will last until January when a teaser trailer is ready to be debuted.
Mark Millar is one of the highest selling British comic-book writers. Some of his works have been adapted into feature films such as "Wanted (2008)" and "Kick-Ass". His other comic book which will be turned into a movie is "Nemesis".
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign