AEG Live Reacts to Michael Jackson's Mother and Three Kids Lawsuit
The promoter of a concert series Michael Jackson was supposed to give in London in 2009 has now reacted to a lawsuit filed by the late singer's mother, Katherine Jackson, and his three kids against them. On Thursday, September 16, concert promoter AEG Live released a statement, claiming they had nothing to do with the hiring or supervision of Dr. Conrad Murray.
"The lawsuit is inaccurate, unsubstantiated and meritless," attorney Marvin S. Putnam said in a statement released by AEG Live LLC. "Dr. Murray was Mr. Jackson's longtime personal physician. AEG did not choose him, hire him or supervise him. That said, and in honor of our professional relationship with Mr. Jackson and his Estate, we will have no further public statements."
Katherine, along with Michael's three children, filed the wrongful death lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court on Wednesday, September 15. The suit read, "AEG had legal duties to Michael Jackson to treat him safely and to not put him in harm's way."
"But AEG, despite its knowledge of Michael Jackson's physical condition, breached those duties by putting its desire for massive profits from the tour over the health and safety of Michael Jackson," the documents further read. It also mentioned that AEG's contract with Michael "created a legal duty for AEG to act reasonably toward the physical well-being of Michael Jackson."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers