AEG Live Reacts to Michael Jackson's Mother and Three Kids Lawsuit
The promoter of a concert series Michael Jackson was supposed to give in London in 2009 has now reacted to a lawsuit filed by the late singer's mother, Katherine Jackson, and his three kids against them. On Thursday, September 16, concert promoter AEG Live released a statement, claiming they had nothing to do with the hiring or supervision of Dr. Conrad Murray.
"The lawsuit is inaccurate, unsubstantiated and meritless," attorney Marvin S. Putnam said in a statement released by AEG Live LLC. "Dr. Murray was Mr. Jackson's longtime personal physician. AEG did not choose him, hire him or supervise him. That said, and in honor of our professional relationship with Mr. Jackson and his Estate, we will have no further public statements."
Katherine, along with Michael's three children, filed the wrongful death lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court on Wednesday, September 15. The suit read, "AEG had legal duties to Michael Jackson to treat him safely and to not put him in harm's way."
"But AEG, despite its knowledge of Michael Jackson's physical condition, breached those duties by putting its desire for massive profits from the tour over the health and safety of Michael Jackson," the documents further read. It also mentioned that AEG's contract with Michael "created a legal duty for AEG to act reasonably toward the physical well-being of Michael Jackson."
More Michael Jackson News
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck