Pics: Susan Boyle Sings for the Pope
Susan Boyle, who sang in churches before she became famous through "Britain's Got Talent", fulfilled her life dream of performing before the pope on Thursday, September 16. She was the opening act for the Holy Father's open air mass which attracted 60,000 people to Bellahouston Park, Glasgow.
"It's hard to describe it. It's hard to put into words, really. But it will be a very humbling experience, a very indescribable experience," SuBo said before the performance. Boyle took to the stage and sang "I Dreamed a Dream" which catapulted her to success with about 800-strong choir backing her up. Later on she did a rendition of the hymns "Make Me a Channel of Your Peace" and "How Great Thou Art" which inspired the crowd to sing along.
Benedict XVI's visit is scheduled for four days and Boyle is likely to meet him on Friday. Boyle fainted upon given the information that she may shake the pope's hand and the footage has gone online.
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary