Pics: Susan Boyle Sings for the Pope
Susan Boyle, who sang in churches before she became famous through "Britain's Got Talent", fulfilled her life dream of performing before the pope on Thursday, September 16. She was the opening act for the Holy Father's open air mass which attracted 60,000 people to Bellahouston Park, Glasgow.
"It's hard to describe it. It's hard to put into words, really. But it will be a very humbling experience, a very indescribable experience," SuBo said before the performance. Boyle took to the stage and sang "I Dreamed a Dream" which catapulted her to success with about 800-strong choir backing her up. Later on she did a rendition of the hymns "Make Me a Channel of Your Peace" and "How Great Thou Art" which inspired the crowd to sing along.
Benedict XVI's visit is scheduled for four days and Boyle is likely to meet him on Friday. Boyle fainted upon given the information that she may shake the pope's hand and the footage has gone online.
More Susan Boyle News
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?