Pics: Susan Boyle Sings for the Pope
Susan Boyle, who sang in churches before she became famous through "Britain's Got Talent", fulfilled her life dream of performing before the pope on Thursday, September 16. She was the opening act for the Holy Father's open air mass which attracted 60,000 people to Bellahouston Park, Glasgow.
"It's hard to describe it. It's hard to put into words, really. But it will be a very humbling experience, a very indescribable experience," SuBo said before the performance. Boyle took to the stage and sang "I Dreamed a Dream" which catapulted her to success with about 800-strong choir backing her up. Later on she did a rendition of the hymns "Make Me a Channel of Your Peace" and "How Great Thou Art" which inspired the crowd to sing along.
Benedict XVI's visit is scheduled for four days and Boyle is likely to meet him on Friday. Boyle fainted upon given the information that she may shake the pope's hand and the footage has gone online.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked