Pics: Susan Boyle Sings for the Pope
Susan Boyle, who sang in churches before she became famous through "Britain's Got Talent", fulfilled her life dream of performing before the pope on Thursday, September 16. She was the opening act for the Holy Father's open air mass which attracted 60,000 people to Bellahouston Park, Glasgow.
"It's hard to describe it. It's hard to put into words, really. But it will be a very humbling experience, a very indescribable experience," SuBo said before the performance. Boyle took to the stage and sang "I Dreamed a Dream" which catapulted her to success with about 800-strong choir backing her up. Later on she did a rendition of the hymns "Make Me a Channel of Your Peace" and "How Great Thou Art" which inspired the crowd to sing along.
Benedict XVI's visit is scheduled for four days and Boyle is likely to meet him on Friday. Boyle fainted upon given the information that she may shake the pope's hand and the footage has gone online.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'