Pics: Susan Boyle Sings for the Pope
Susan Boyle, who sang in churches before she became famous through "Britain's Got Talent", fulfilled her life dream of performing before the pope on Thursday, September 16. She was the opening act for the Holy Father's open air mass which attracted 60,000 people to Bellahouston Park, Glasgow.
"It's hard to describe it. It's hard to put into words, really. But it will be a very humbling experience, a very indescribable experience," SuBo said before the performance. Boyle took to the stage and sang "I Dreamed a Dream" which catapulted her to success with about 800-strong choir backing her up. Later on she did a rendition of the hymns "Make Me a Channel of Your Peace" and "How Great Thou Art" which inspired the crowd to sing along.
Benedict XVI's visit is scheduled for four days and Boyle is likely to meet him on Friday. Boyle fainted upon given the information that she may shake the pope's hand and the footage has gone online.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival