'Nutcracker in 3D' Debuts Magical First Trailer
Right on Christmas Eve or December 24, "The Nutcracker in 3D" will grace limited U.S. theaters as a family movie. Now Apple has got its hand on the first trailer which gives sneak peek to the amazing characters, places and effects that can be seen in the upcoming movie.
Coming from the imagination of acclaimed Russian director Andrei Konchalovskiy, the film is set in 1920s Vienna where nine-year-old Mary lives in a home filled with lovely things and loneliness. One Christmas night, her life is suddenly filled with excitement and adventure as a nutcracker doll, which is given by her beloved Uncle Albert, comes to life.
Introducing himself as "NC", he takes Mary on a wondrous journey through a stunning dimension where toys assume human form and everything appears ten times larger. Mary soon realizes that this fantastical kingdom is facing danger from the tyrannical rule of the evil Rat King and his devious mother. When NC is taken hostage, Mary and her newfound toy friends must uncover the secret of the Rat King to rescue NC and his kingdom.
Elle Fanning takes the role of Mary, with Nathan Lane playing Uncle Albert. John Turturro stars as villainous Rat King while his mother is portrayed by Frances de la Tour. Charlie Rowe, in the meantime, will be seen as the human version of NC. This action fantasy movie will be released in 3-D.
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!