'Top Chef' Season 7 Winner Is Kevin Sbraga
Kevin Sbraga was crowned the winner of "Top Chef" season 7 which was shot in Washington D.C. and concluded in Singapore. The other finalists, Ed Cotton and Angelo Sosa, settled for the runner-up positions.
In the final challenge, the judges wanted them to create a four-course meal; vegetable, fish, meat and desserts. This time, each of the contestants was accompanied by previous winners, Ilan Hall, Hung Huynh and Michael Voltaggio. Ed was partnered with Ilan while Angelo and Kevin got Hung and Michael respectively.
Unfortunately, Angelo was sick on the preparation day and was told by doctor to take a rest. Hung then took over his part by taking directions from Angelo by phone. Judge Eric Ripert brought out the "proteins" the contestants must cook and they are cuttlefish, lobster, red mullet and cockles. Meanwhile Tom Colicchio brought a whole duck and pork belly.
Angelo miraculously recovered by the time they had to cook and he served royale mushrooms with noodles and pork belly, Asian-style bouillabaisse, duck and foie gras with marshmallow/cherry shooter and shaved ice and coconut milk called "Thai Jewel". Meanwhile winner Kevin cooked eggplant zucchini and roasted pepper terrine, pan-seared rouget with cuttlefish noodles, roasted duck with dumplings and coconut pana cotta he named "Singapore Sling 2010".
In the end the judges picked Kevin's meal although the chef only won one quickfire and elimination challenge throughout the season. Judges throught Kevin cooked the duck better than anybody. "It's absolutely huge that I'm the first African-American Top Chef," Kevin said after the announcement. "My dad, my sister, my friends, guys at the barbershop- I mean, they're going to eat it up. They're going to love it."
Kevin is entitled to $125,000 prize, a feature in Food & Wine magazine as well as a spot at the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene