LeAnn Rimes Talks About Why She Cheated on Dean Sheremet
LeAnn Rimes has finally spoken out about why she tore her "great" marriage to Dean Sheremet apart following her affair with "Northern Lights" co-star Eddie Cibrian. In a recent interview with Shape magazine, the country music singer said, "I understand why people are disappointed in me, especially since I grew up as America's sweetheart."
"I think any relationship is hard to get out of, and I don't think the way I did it was right," LeAnn further admitted, adding that she was "so depressed" when knowing her fans learned about her infidelity. "My relationship with Dean was great, but ultimately it wasn't a fulfilling marriage for either of us. We got married so young: I was 19 and he was 21, so as we got older, we grew apart."
Although LeAnn confessed that she broke down over the cheating scandal, the "How Do I Live" singer believed "there are lessons in it" for her to learn. The 28-year-old beauty said, "Cultivating strength from rough situations is the most important thing. After going through this, I know I can face anything."
LeAnn graced the cover of Shape's new issue by showing her stunning bod in a red skimpy bikini. She revealed that working out has helped her a lot. "Sometimes I felt so depressed I didn't want to get out of bed, so just getting to the gym - even for a few minutes - was a big accomplishment," LeAnn shared. "It really did make me feel better and kind of saved me. It gave me a bit of sanity."
"Even now, on days when I'm really frustrated, I'll walk into the gym and say to my trainer, 'We're doing a boxing workout today. For an hour. I need to hit things'," LeAnn went on. The star mentioned that she and Eddie work out together, saying "We go to the same gym, and sometimes we take group cycling classes together, but when it comes to weight training, we pretty much do our own thing."
- Khloe Kardashian Accused of Photoshopping Her Workout Pic. See It Yourself!
- Miley Cyrus Goes Shopping in Malibu in Tiny Bikini
- Lea Michele and Ashley Tisdale Team Up for Breathtaking Cover of 'Dancing on My Own'
- Pauly D Splits From Aubrey O'Day After a Year and a Half of Dating
- J.R.R. Tolkien Biopic Eyeing 'X-Men' Star Nicholas Hoult for Lead Role
- Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Hide Behind Umbrella While Heading to the Gym
- 'America's Got Talent': Tennessee Singer Gets DJ Khaled's Golden Buzzer for His Original Song
- Ciara Gets Slammed After Taking Her Baby on 'Dangerous' Waterslide in China