'Glee' Cover of 'Empire State of Mind' Released
One week away from the season 2 premiere, "Glee" tides fans over with the audio of "Empire State of Mind" cover. Debuted via Sirius XM radio on Tuesday, September 14, the song originally sung by Jay-Z is notably rapped by Kevin McHale's Artie, Cory Monteith's Finn and Mark Salling's Puck. Meanwhile, Alicia Keys' part is tackled by Amber Riley's Mercedes.
The cover is picked as the club is heading to Nationals in NYC after placing at Regionals. A promo containing the performance scene from the first return episode has been released, revealing at the same time that the Gleeks would wear "New York City" shirts complete with the Hip-Hop attribute.
Rolling Stone reported that "Auditions" will also feature renditions of Lady GaGa's "Telephone," Travis McCoy's "Billionaire," and Poison's "Every Rose Has Its Thorn." They will additionally do Broadway numbers like "What I Did for Love" from "A Chorus Line" and "Getting to Know You" from "The King and I", as well as "Listen" from the film version of "Dreamgirls".
However, "Empire State of Mind" could be the season 2 anthem. FOX marketing president Joe Earley said, "There's a good chance we'll be hearing the song again."
More Glee News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce