'Glee' Cover of 'Empire State of Mind' Released
One week away from the season 2 premiere, "Glee" tides fans over with the audio of "Empire State of Mind" cover. Debuted via Sirius XM radio on Tuesday, September 14, the song originally sung by Jay-Z is notably rapped by Kevin McHale's Artie, Cory Monteith's Finn and Mark Salling's Puck. Meanwhile, Alicia Keys' part is tackled by Amber Riley's Mercedes.
The cover is picked as the club is heading to Nationals in NYC after placing at Regionals. A promo containing the performance scene from the first return episode has been released, revealing at the same time that the Gleeks would wear "New York City" shirts complete with the Hip-Hop attribute.
Rolling Stone reported that "Auditions" will also feature renditions of Lady GaGa's "Telephone," Travis McCoy's "Billionaire," and Poison's "Every Rose Has Its Thorn." They will additionally do Broadway numbers like "What I Did for Love" from "A Chorus Line" and "Getting to Know You" from "The King and I", as well as "Listen" from the film version of "Dreamgirls".
However, "Empire State of Mind" could be the season 2 anthem. FOX marketing president Joe Earley said, "There's a good chance we'll be hearing the song again."
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna