Sam Worthington Premieres 'The Debt' at Toronto Film Festival
"The Debt" is another film that makes use of 2010 Toronto International Film Festival to hold the world premiere. Sam Worthington, in his semi formal outfit, showed up at the Roy Thomson Hall on September 14 to support the special screening.
Helen Mirren, who recently premiered her other flick "The Tempest" at Venice Film Festival, came to the Tuesday event in a black short dress. Also seen at the promotional event for the film were other cast members, Romi Aboulafia and Adar Beck, as well as director John Madden.
"The Debt" tells the story of three young Mossad agents who were sent on a secret mission to capture and kill a notorious Nazi war criminal in 1965. When things don't go as planned, they fabricate a story and live with the consequences decades later.
Playing one of the main characters, Worthington said, "I did research by reading books on the Mossad to get inspired, and to find a way into how they thought then." He added, "Like my character, a lot of them were naive, but had a strong passion for a good reason."
The upcoming movie is based on 2007 Israeli film of the same title. Also among the cast line-up are Jessica Chastain, Marton Csokas, Ciaran Hinds and Tom Wilkinson. The R-rated drama thriller, which comes from "Shakespeare in Love" helmer John Madden, is going to open wide in the U.S. on December 29.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo