Report: Lindsay Lohan in Talks to Host 'SNL'
"Saturday Night Live" may provide an amend for Lindsay Lohan and her tarnished reputation. There's a report circulating that the troubled young actress is in negotiations with NBC to host the variety show on December 4. The purpose of the gig is none other than to prove that she is still employable despite her messy personal life.
Lohan was recently sent jail to fulfill her two DUI sentences. Upon released, she went to rehab to overcome her alcohol addiction. On Sunday, September 12, Lohan made fun of herself in a skit with Chelsea Handler for 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. She slapped a drunk Handler and yelled, "You think anyone would work with a drunk? They don't!".
"SNL" spokeswoman refused to confirm whether Lohan is a lock, saying "We never comment on upcoming hosts until they're announced." The 36th season is due to be kicked off this September 25 with Amy Poehler as host and Katy Perry as musical guest.
Historically, Lohan has been on "SNL" twice before. Once in May 2004 and another in April 2006 when she also poked fun at her bad behavior in a skit.
Lohan, who will complete her rehab stint in early November if everything goes smoothly, is also being pursued by TV shows for her first post-jail interview. NBC's "Today" reportedly is the frontrunner although her mother Dina Lohan said that "no final decision has been made".
More Saturday Night Live News
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary