Report: Lindsay Lohan in Talks to Host 'SNL'
"Saturday Night Live" may provide an amend for Lindsay Lohan and her tarnished reputation. There's a report circulating that the troubled young actress is in negotiations with NBC to host the variety show on December 4. The purpose of the gig is none other than to prove that she is still employable despite her messy personal life.
Lohan was recently sent jail to fulfill her two DUI sentences. Upon released, she went to rehab to overcome her alcohol addiction. On Sunday, September 12, Lohan made fun of herself in a skit with Chelsea Handler for 2010 MTV Video Music Awards. She slapped a drunk Handler and yelled, "You think anyone would work with a drunk? They don't!".
"SNL" spokeswoman refused to confirm whether Lohan is a lock, saying "We never comment on upcoming hosts until they're announced." The 36th season is due to be kicked off this September 25 with Amy Poehler as host and Katy Perry as musical guest.
Historically, Lohan has been on "SNL" twice before. Once in May 2004 and another in April 2006 when she also poked fun at her bad behavior in a skit.
Lohan, who will complete her rehab stint in early November if everything goes smoothly, is also being pursued by TV shows for her first post-jail interview. NBC's "Today" reportedly is the frontrunner although her mother Dina Lohan said that "no final decision has been made".
More Saturday Night Live News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama