John Mayer Quits Twitter, to Keep Communicating With Fans Via Blog
John Mayer has become the latest celebrity who stops using Twitter. The rocker's account has disappeared since Monday, September 13 and his representative later confirmed that he has shut down his account now that his Battle Studies Tour "at a close and a return to the studio planned."
An e-mailed statement says that Mayer will continue communicating with his fans via his blog. The "Your Body Is a Wonderland" hitmaker had gained more than 3.7 million followers before he closed his Twitter. He previously used the account to invite University of South Carolina fans to watch a free show in February before kicking off the tour to promote his album "Battle Studies".
In late 2009, Miley Cyrus decided to delete his Twitter account after claiming to have got an advice from her then boyfriend Liam Hemsworth. Earlier this month, Demi Lovato also chose to stop tweeting, writing her last post "About to say goodbye to twitter... I love my fans so much but the access that the other people have is uncomfortable to me. Twitterbreak. Peace."
More John Mayer News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage