John Mayer Quits Twitter, to Keep Communicating With Fans Via Blog
John Mayer has become the latest celebrity who stops using Twitter. The rocker's account has disappeared since Monday, September 13 and his representative later confirmed that he has shut down his account now that his Battle Studies Tour "at a close and a return to the studio planned."
An e-mailed statement says that Mayer will continue communicating with his fans via his blog. The "Your Body Is a Wonderland" hitmaker had gained more than 3.7 million followers before he closed his Twitter. He previously used the account to invite University of South Carolina fans to watch a free show in February before kicking off the tour to promote his album "Battle Studies".
In late 2009, Miley Cyrus decided to delete his Twitter account after claiming to have got an advice from her then boyfriend Liam Hemsworth. Earlier this month, Demi Lovato also chose to stop tweeting, writing her last post "About to say goodbye to twitter... I love my fans so much but the access that the other people have is uncomfortable to me. Twitterbreak. Peace."
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses