John Mayer Quits Twitter, to Keep Communicating With Fans Via Blog
John Mayer has become the latest celebrity who stops using Twitter. The rocker's account has disappeared since Monday, September 13 and his representative later confirmed that he has shut down his account now that his Battle Studies Tour "at a close and a return to the studio planned."
An e-mailed statement says that Mayer will continue communicating with his fans via his blog. The "Your Body Is a Wonderland" hitmaker had gained more than 3.7 million followers before he closed his Twitter. He previously used the account to invite University of South Carolina fans to watch a free show in February before kicking off the tour to promote his album "Battle Studies".
In late 2009, Miley Cyrus decided to delete his Twitter account after claiming to have got an advice from her then boyfriend Liam Hemsworth. Earlier this month, Demi Lovato also chose to stop tweeting, writing her last post "About to say goodbye to twitter... I love my fans so much but the access that the other people have is uncomfortable to me. Twitterbreak. Peace."
More John Mayer News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?