John Mayer Quits Twitter, to Keep Communicating With Fans Via Blog
John Mayer has become the latest celebrity who stops using Twitter. The rocker's account has disappeared since Monday, September 13 and his representative later confirmed that he has shut down his account now that his Battle Studies Tour "at a close and a return to the studio planned."
An e-mailed statement says that Mayer will continue communicating with his fans via his blog. The "Your Body Is a Wonderland" hitmaker had gained more than 3.7 million followers before he closed his Twitter. He previously used the account to invite University of South Carolina fans to watch a free show in February before kicking off the tour to promote his album "Battle Studies".
In late 2009, Miley Cyrus decided to delete his Twitter account after claiming to have got an advice from her then boyfriend Liam Hemsworth. Earlier this month, Demi Lovato also chose to stop tweeting, writing her last post "About to say goodbye to twitter... I love my fans so much but the access that the other people have is uncomfortable to me. Twitterbreak. Peace."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences