James Gunn's 'Super' Debuts First Clip, Finds Distributor at TIFF
After teasing through several pictures, "Super" has given away some footage by releasing the first clip. It features Rainn Wilson and Ellen Page who are dressed in their superhero costumes while beating up a man whom they are believed to be an "evil". The video contains some f-words as the two argue about what they should and should not do in their actions.
Directed and written by James Gunn, "Super" has just been premiered at the 35th Annual Toronto International Film Festival and got positive response. Soon after, the movie has found a home at IFC Films which paid seven figures for the U.S. rights to the film. The company won over Magnolia Pictures and three other bidders.
First coming with the report from TIFF was Deadline Hollywood before IFC later confirmed it. Gunn himself has expressed his happiness after his film gets a distributor, writing on his Twitter, "In celebration I am right now jerking off over my deal memo!! Whoo hoo!!"
"Super" is a story of an average man named Frank who, after left by his wife for a smooth-talking drug dealer, decides to become a superhero with the name of The Crimson Bolt. Sociopathic Libby joins him as his sidekick, choosing the name of Boltie.
Rainn Wilson stars as Frank with Ellen Page cast as Libby. Liv Tyler portrays Frank's wife while Kevin Bacon lands a role of the drug dealer, Jacques.
More Super News
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel