'American Idol' Settles With J. Lo for $12 Million but Nothing Else
There have been some bad words regarding Jennifer Lopez's deal with "American Idol" bosses lately and several more are sprouting. Deadline is reporting that FOX, Fremantle and 19 Entertainment which harbor the competition show, are not putting up with Lopez's team's demands which include the "go" motion picture and TV pilots at FOX.
"She was angling for an overall deal at Fox, including a put picture, to keep the movie career going. But Fox said no," Deadline's insider said. "In the old days, these were called a 'vanity deal' for good reason. They simply don't exist today. Will Smith doesn't have put pictures." Lopez asked for this reportedly to get her career in movie and television back on track.
The other demand would be to stall the announcement of the new "Idol" judges so that it would come out in mid-September. Her new label Island Def Jam is planning to release her new single for album "Love?" around this time. It looks like FOX is nodding to this demand for no announcement has been officially made while audition with the judges dates are approaching.
Words are, Lopez and her manager Benny Medina have been asking for $15 million on top of the demands but FOX would only tolerate $12 million and Lopez accepted. "I think it was just positioning," a source further said. "In the end, she didn't turn up her nose up at $12 million. I would have been very surprised if she had walked away. She needs the money. She lives very very well. It comes at a cost."
Lopez for one, had a bullet to throw in case FOX won't take her demands. She had been offered a slot at the U.S. version of "The X Factor" by Simon Cowell who departed "Idol" earlier this year.
More American Idol News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal