Warner Bros. Wants Sandra Bullock to Lead Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity'
After Angelina Jolie turned down "Gravity", Warner Bros. has reportedly come out with the name of another big actress to take the role. According to Cinema Blend, the studio is keen on having Sandra Bullock to star in the movie.
The lead role is currently offered to Natalie Portman, who is the favorite of director Alfonso Cuaron, but she has not decided yet. Bullock is said "waiting in the wings" if the "Black Swan" beauty chooses to pass it.
The site additionally mentions that Cuaron prefers Portman to Bullock because he wants to cut his budget to make his movie without a big Hollywood star. However, despite the fact that Bullock is far more expensive than Portman, the younger star is considered a riskier choice than the more experienced one.
"Gravity" will highlight a female astronaut's efforts to return home to Earth and her daughter as she is stranded on a space station after satellite debris slams into it and wipes out the rest of the crew. Robert Downey Jr. is attached to portray a second main character of the team leader. Shooting for the film is expected to start in 2011 after Downey Jr. wraps up "Sherlock Holmes 2".
After scoring an Academy Award through her performance in "The Blind Side", Sandra Bullock has not appeared in any big screen project. She recently has been rumored to reunite with "The Proposal" co-star, Ryan Reynolds, for upcoming action comedy "Most Wanted".
- Scott Disick Who? Bella Thorne Reveals She Has Her Eye on Someone New
- Charlie Sheen Accused of Infecting Gay Lover With HIV
- Gwen Stefani Is Reportedly Pregnant With Twins and Wants Advice From Beyonce
- 'Big Little Lies' Season 2 Is in Early Development
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie
- Watch Charli XCX's Adorable 'Boys' Video Starring Joe Jonas, Charlie Puth, Jay Park and More Hotties
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Firefighter Spin-Off Casts Jaina Lee Ortiz