New Teaser of HBO's 'Game of Thrones' Debuted
Before the "True Blood" finale on Sunday, September 12, HBO tossed in a teaser of its new series "Game of Thrones" in the coveted time slot. The short promo did not give much of the story plot other than indicating that the action will all happen once winter comes.
Beside the sneak peek, the network also gave a behind-the-scene look at the series starring Sean Bean, Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage among others. It contains interviews with the original novels author George R.R. Martin, Bean and executive producers D.B. Weiss and David Benioff. There are also glimpses of the shooting location in Belfast.
To be premiered in 2011, "Game of Thrones" takes place long ago, in a time forgotten where a preternatural event threw the seasons out of balance. In a land where summers can last decades and winters a lifetime, trouble is brewing. The cold is returning, and in the frozen wastes to the north of Winterfell, sinister and supernatural forces are massing beyond the kingdom's protective Wall.
At the center of the conflict lie the Starks of Winterfell, a family as harsh and unyielding as the land they were born to. Sweeping from a land of brutal cold to a distant summertime kingdom of epicurean plenty, here is a tale of lords and ladies, soldiers and sorcerers, assassins and bastards, who come together in a time of grim omens.
More Game of Thrones News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'