2010 MTV VMAs: Chelsea Handler Opens Show With Skit and Monologue
Chelsea Handler went over every subject she could possibly make fun of when hosting the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday, September 12. As an opener, a pre-taped skit was played, showing the host getting ready for the duty and bumping onto Lindsay Lohan along the way. Lohan makes fun of her own life story by advising the drunk host to "get it together".
After the skit with Lohan, Handler descended down the stage dressed like Lady GaGa complete with the big headpiece. But the glittery outfit was then removed to reveal a simple black dress which she wore in the entire open monologue. The comedienne made fun of almost everybody, including the expected (Kanye West and Taylor Swift) and the unexpected (Justin Timberlake).
"It's time to address the big black elephant in the room," she said toward the end of her monologue. "Where's Kanye? If you are an artist and you're accepting an award this evening and for some reason your speech is interrupted by a random person, I've developed a technique to nip it in the bud." A person equipped with protection gear then showed up and Handler kneed him before shouting, "My award, my choice!"
Regarding Timberlake, Handler joked, "Justin Timberlake was in the Mickey Mouse Club pretending he wasn't having sex with Britney Spears. The Situation was just a classy way to call teenage pregnancy. And Justin Bieber's mom had just given birth to her 401k plan." She also found out that "Lady GaGa and Beyonce don't like wearing pants" after watching all music videos.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences