2010 MTV VMAs: Chelsea Handler Opens Show With Skit and Monologue
Chelsea Handler went over every subject she could possibly make fun of when hosting the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday, September 12. As an opener, a pre-taped skit was played, showing the host getting ready for the duty and bumping onto Lindsay Lohan along the way. Lohan makes fun of her own life story by advising the drunk host to "get it together".
After the skit with Lohan, Handler descended down the stage dressed like Lady GaGa complete with the big headpiece. But the glittery outfit was then removed to reveal a simple black dress which she wore in the entire open monologue. The comedienne made fun of almost everybody, including the expected (Kanye West and Taylor Swift) and the unexpected (Justin Timberlake).
"It's time to address the big black elephant in the room," she said toward the end of her monologue. "Where's Kanye? If you are an artist and you're accepting an award this evening and for some reason your speech is interrupted by a random person, I've developed a technique to nip it in the bud." A person equipped with protection gear then showed up and Handler kneed him before shouting, "My award, my choice!"
Regarding Timberlake, Handler joked, "Justin Timberlake was in the Mickey Mouse Club pretending he wasn't having sex with Britney Spears. The Situation was just a classy way to call teenage pregnancy. And Justin Bieber's mom had just given birth to her 401k plan." She also found out that "Lady GaGa and Beyonce don't like wearing pants" after watching all music videos.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March