Susan Boyle's Rendition of Lou Reed's 'Perfect Day' Hits the Web
Amid controversy surrounding report that Lou Reed banned Susan Boyle from singing his song "Perfect Day", a studio version of the British singer covering his track made its way out on the web. Just like the song title, the newly-revealed rendition is flawless.
Susan Boyle was due to perform "Perfect Day" on "America's Got Talent" on September 8, but she had to cancel her performance as Reed refused to let her sing it. TMZ which first obtained the audio stream of Boyle's rendition claimed they got words from Simon Cowell concerning the issue.
Calling Reed "pathetic," the show's creator and executive producer added, "Loads of people have covered this song ... Well Lou, if you're listening to this, do we have permission, yes or no, to put the song on 'America's Got Talent' next week? Personal request from me."
Words are, people from Reed's camp denied rumor that their client withheld permission to cover the 1972 ballad track. But a leaked email from Boyle's manager which is believed to have been sent to "AGT" production company FremantleMedia said otherwise.
"Susan was absolutely devastated to be told on the morning of the show taping that Lou Reed had personally decided to block her singing his already much covered song, 'Perfect Day,' on 'America's Got Talent' in L.A.," it read. "We obviously had no idea of this prior to leaving London. None of us can understand the decision given that it's such a beautiful rendition of the song."
In a press release however, Boyle didn't mention anything about the refusal. Instead, her publicist cited "unforeseen circumstances" as the reason of her canceled performance. Thanking fans for their support, the rep continued, "Please be assured every effort was made to try to find a solution."
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot