Jeremy Renner NOT Yet Signed to 'Hansel and Gretel'
Movie blogs are jumping into conclusion too soon when Jeremy Renner said that "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" is in the works. The actor's representative has stepped up the plate to confirm that his client is not yet signed to star in the gothic horror comedy.
EW reached out to the rep who later said that "while there have been discussions about the project, there have been no negotiations as yet and there are certainly no deals in place." Moreover, Renner's involvement in "Hansel and Gretel" is unlikely for he has been attached to two big projects, namely "Mission: Impossible IV" and "The Avengers".
The first hint that Renner would play Hansel was given by a Norwegian website which happened to interview the actor at Venice International Film Festival. It was also said that Noomi Rapace, who is claiming her fame through the original "Girl with a Dragon Tattoo", will be the Gretel.
It was thought to be true for a while because Renner has the tendency to spill casting news before the official announcement. Renner had a slip of tongue the last time when he was up for the role of Hawkeye on "Avengers".
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child