Jeremy Renner NOT Yet Signed to 'Hansel and Gretel'
Movie blogs are jumping into conclusion too soon when Jeremy Renner said that "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" is in the works. The actor's representative has stepped up the plate to confirm that his client is not yet signed to star in the gothic horror comedy.
EW reached out to the rep who later said that "while there have been discussions about the project, there have been no negotiations as yet and there are certainly no deals in place." Moreover, Renner's involvement in "Hansel and Gretel" is unlikely for he has been attached to two big projects, namely "Mission: Impossible IV" and "The Avengers".
The first hint that Renner would play Hansel was given by a Norwegian website which happened to interview the actor at Venice International Film Festival. It was also said that Noomi Rapace, who is claiming her fame through the original "Girl with a Dragon Tattoo", will be the Gretel.
It was thought to be true for a while because Renner has the tendency to spill casting news before the official announcement. Renner had a slip of tongue the last time when he was up for the role of Hawkeye on "Avengers".
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending