Jeremy Renner NOT Yet Signed to 'Hansel and Gretel'
Movie blogs are jumping into conclusion too soon when Jeremy Renner said that "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" is in the works. The actor's representative has stepped up the plate to confirm that his client is not yet signed to star in the gothic horror comedy.
EW reached out to the rep who later said that "while there have been discussions about the project, there have been no negotiations as yet and there are certainly no deals in place." Moreover, Renner's involvement in "Hansel and Gretel" is unlikely for he has been attached to two big projects, namely "Mission: Impossible IV" and "The Avengers".
The first hint that Renner would play Hansel was given by a Norwegian website which happened to interview the actor at Venice International Film Festival. It was also said that Noomi Rapace, who is claiming her fame through the original "Girl with a Dragon Tattoo", will be the Gretel.
It was thought to be true for a while because Renner has the tendency to spill casting news before the official announcement. Renner had a slip of tongue the last time when he was up for the role of Hawkeye on "Avengers".
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7