Jeremy Renner NOT Yet Signed to 'Hansel and Gretel'
Movie blogs are jumping into conclusion too soon when Jeremy Renner said that "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" is in the works. The actor's representative has stepped up the plate to confirm that his client is not yet signed to star in the gothic horror comedy.
EW reached out to the rep who later said that "while there have been discussions about the project, there have been no negotiations as yet and there are certainly no deals in place." Moreover, Renner's involvement in "Hansel and Gretel" is unlikely for he has been attached to two big projects, namely "Mission: Impossible IV" and "The Avengers".
The first hint that Renner would play Hansel was given by a Norwegian website which happened to interview the actor at Venice International Film Festival. It was also said that Noomi Rapace, who is claiming her fame through the original "Girl with a Dragon Tattoo", will be the Gretel.
It was thought to be true for a while because Renner has the tendency to spill casting news before the official announcement. Renner had a slip of tongue the last time when he was up for the role of Hawkeye on "Avengers".
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'