'Vampire Diaries' 2.02 Preview: Brave New World
"The Vampire Diaries" officially kicked off the second season this week with "The Return" and will be back next week with "Brave New World". When a confused and desperate Caroline leaves the hospital and joins her friends at the Mystic Falls Carnival, Damon wants to take immediate action, but Stefan and Elena come to Caroline's defense.
Matt is completely mystified by Caroline's behavior, but still tries to tell her about his feelings for her. Damon has suspicions about Tyler's Uncle Mason (guest star Taylor Kinney) and uses Tyler's volatile personality in an attempt to get Mason to reveal his secret. Upset with everything going on around her, Bonnie takes her anger out on Damon.
In an interview with Zap2It, Kinney said his character would eventually collide with Salvatore brothers. "Historically, the Lockwoods and the Salvatores haven't gotten along. For his own peace of mind, Mason tries to be the mediator. He's a relaxed kind of guy, but he knows that he can snap at any minute, so he tries to keep things level," he said.
"The Salvatores are trying to figure out why I'm here, aside from Tyler, you know, Mason's got his own thing going on. They're putting it all together. There are little things that we find out - Mason isn't just in town to take care of Tyler. Everybody has an agenda. When the Salvatores push, at some point, Mason is going to push back. Getting bombarded by Damon or Stefan is never a good thing. I'm thinking there will definitely be fisticuffs."
"Brave New World" airs September 16. On another news, the official soundtrack of the series will be released on October 12 and the tracks have been unveiled. Fans can take a peek at the list and pre-order it through Amazon.com.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'