Eminem Will Open 2010 MTV VMAs With Live Performance
Among those lined up as musical guests ranging from Kanye West, Drake, Justin Bieber, B.o.B, Usher to Paramore, MTV chose Eminem to kick off its upcoming Video Music Awards. "We thought that there's no better way to kick off the show than a performance from Eminem," general manager Stephen Friedman said.
This year, the Slim Shady scores eight nods and another bid he shares with Drake, Lil Wayne and Kanye for "Forever". Although details of his opening performance are still scarce, the rapper might bring another memorable act at the September 12 live ceremony like he usually did in the past years.
In 2000, Eminem led a number of Slim Shady look-alike to Radio City Music Hall while he was spitting verses from his celebrity-skewering chart-topper "The Real Slim Shady" which later won Video of the Year. The next year, he surprised audience with an unexpected duet with Elton John which was voted the most surprising duets in musical history in a new poll earlier this year.
Fresh from taking over Detroit with Jay-Z for two-day hometown gig, Eminem himself is not afraid to make a scene for the prize-giving event which will be held at Los Angeles' Nokia Theater. "Apparently, MTV doesn't care that I have two massive stadium shows on the other side of the country the day after the VMAs," he said back then when the awards nominations were announced. "F me, right? I mean, I'll be there, but don't expect me to be nice about it."
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette