Kings of Leon Show Softer Side in 'Radioactive' Music Video
Kings of Leon spend a warm summer day with a choir of children in a music video supporting their new single "Radioactive". The four-piece band ditch beer and cigarettes for sodas and pies during a Southern-style barbecue. They are also seen playing the song inside a sunlit barn with the kids.
"We grew up in this type of lifestyle," Drummer Nathan Followill said. "Gospel music was a big part of us growing up, so to be able to come back and revisit that part of our lives at this stage in our lives is a very special thing." He additionally joked, "After my Grandma sees this video, she definitely won't think we're going to hell as fast as she did think we were going."
"Radioactive" is the first single from Kings of Leon's October 19 release "Come Around Sundown". The track almost didn't make the cut to the album because "the choruses started off kind of spiritual but the verses were never matched up to them at all." Bassist Jared Followill continued, "Caleb, he [then] kind of went back to an old spiritual song that we had all sung growing up. It matched up with the chorus so nice that it all worked out from there."
More Kings of Leon News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip