Kings of Leon Show Softer Side in 'Radioactive' Music Video
Kings of Leon spend a warm summer day with a choir of children in a music video supporting their new single "Radioactive". The four-piece band ditch beer and cigarettes for sodas and pies during a Southern-style barbecue. They are also seen playing the song inside a sunlit barn with the kids.
"We grew up in this type of lifestyle," Drummer Nathan Followill said. "Gospel music was a big part of us growing up, so to be able to come back and revisit that part of our lives at this stage in our lives is a very special thing." He additionally joked, "After my Grandma sees this video, she definitely won't think we're going to hell as fast as she did think we were going."
"Radioactive" is the first single from Kings of Leon's October 19 release "Come Around Sundown". The track almost didn't make the cut to the album because "the choruses started off kind of spiritual but the verses were never matched up to them at all." Bassist Jared Followill continued, "Caleb, he [then] kind of went back to an old spiritual song that we had all sung growing up. It matched up with the chorus so nice that it all worked out from there."
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie