Ben Affleck and Rebecca Hall Premiere 'The Town' at Venice Film Festival
Ben Affleck has brought "The Town" to Italy at Venice International Film Festival. Accompanied by co-star Rebecca Hall who was dressed in a green flowing dress, the actor/director premiered the film on Wednesday, September 8 night at Palazzo del Cinema.
The red carpet event was additionally attended by other lead actors like Jon Hamm and Jeremy Renner who all donned formal black and white outfit. Another "Town" beauty Blake Lively, however, could not join them as she was busy filming her TV series "Gossip Girl" in New York City that afternoon.
"The social realism aspect of it was really important to me," Affleck stated about the film, which is set in Boston, during a press conference. "I don't think you can like a movie like this or believe a movie like this unless you have a strong sense of place and really believe that the characters are from there and what you see is really happening."
"The Town" follows unrepentant criminal Doug MacRay who falls in love with a woman he and his partners took as a hostage at a bank robbery. With a dedicated FBI agent chasing the gang, MacRay and Claire Keesey's romance has the potential to take them both down a dangerous and deadly path. This crime drama thriller will grace theaters across the nation on September 17.
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys Singing About Heartbreak After Split From Blake Shelton
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Cleavage in New Instagram Pics
- Does Rae Sremmurd Break Up? Swae Lee Tries 'to Steal All the Shine' From Slim Jimmy
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!