Ben Affleck and Rebecca Hall Premiere 'The Town' at Venice Film Festival
Ben Affleck has brought "The Town" to Italy at Venice International Film Festival. Accompanied by co-star Rebecca Hall who was dressed in a green flowing dress, the actor/director premiered the film on Wednesday, September 8 night at Palazzo del Cinema.
The red carpet event was additionally attended by other lead actors like Jon Hamm and Jeremy Renner who all donned formal black and white outfit. Another "Town" beauty Blake Lively, however, could not join them as she was busy filming her TV series "Gossip Girl" in New York City that afternoon.
"The social realism aspect of it was really important to me," Affleck stated about the film, which is set in Boston, during a press conference. "I don't think you can like a movie like this or believe a movie like this unless you have a strong sense of place and really believe that the characters are from there and what you see is really happening."
"The Town" follows unrepentant criminal Doug MacRay who falls in love with a woman he and his partners took as a hostage at a bank robbery. With a dedicated FBI agent chasing the gang, MacRay and Claire Keesey's romance has the potential to take them both down a dangerous and deadly path. This crime drama thriller will grace theaters across the nation on September 17.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen