Ben Affleck and Rebecca Hall Premiere 'The Town' at Venice Film Festival
Ben Affleck has brought "The Town" to Italy at Venice International Film Festival. Accompanied by co-star Rebecca Hall who was dressed in a green flowing dress, the actor/director premiered the film on Wednesday, September 8 night at Palazzo del Cinema.
The red carpet event was additionally attended by other lead actors like Jon Hamm and Jeremy Renner who all donned formal black and white outfit. Another "Town" beauty Blake Lively, however, could not join them as she was busy filming her TV series "Gossip Girl" in New York City that afternoon.
"The social realism aspect of it was really important to me," Affleck stated about the film, which is set in Boston, during a press conference. "I don't think you can like a movie like this or believe a movie like this unless you have a strong sense of place and really believe that the characters are from there and what you see is really happening."
"The Town" follows unrepentant criminal Doug MacRay who falls in love with a woman he and his partners took as a hostage at a bank robbery. With a dedicated FBI agent chasing the gang, MacRay and Claire Keesey's romance has the potential to take them both down a dangerous and deadly path. This crime drama thriller will grace theaters across the nation on September 17.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame