Natalie Portman Offered to Carry Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity'
The coveted role in "Gravity" which was turned down by Angelina Jolie could belong to Natalie Portman. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the "Brothers" star is offered to portray the main female character in the upcoming Alfonso Cuaron-directed flick.
Portman recently received praises for her performance in "Black Swan" which has just been premiered at Venice Film Festival as well as Telluride Film Festival. The 29-year-old beauty also stars in "Thor" which will be debuted in the U.S. on May 6, 2011.
The lead role in "Gravity" has become the highly sought one but Jolie, who was offered the part twice, decided to pass it. Scarlett Johansson and Blake Lively were previously said as the frontrunners and Rachel Weisz has also been reported as a candidate to tackle the job.
Robert Downey Jr. is attached to star in "Gravity" to portray a spaceman. The movie sees a story of a female astronaut and her team leader, portrayed by Downey Jr., on a remote space station as the other team members have got wiped out by a debris field from an exploding satellite. The film will follow the female heroine as she attempts to return home to her child.
Beside set to serve behind the lens, Alfonso Cuaron also writes the script for the film along with Jonas Cuaron. Principal photography may take place in 2011 after Downey Jr. wraps "Sherlock Holmes 2".
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier