Videos: Angelina Jolie Visits Flood Refugees in Pakistan
Angelina Jolie, for the umpteenth time, visited Pakistan on Tuesday, September 7. This time, Jolie visited the country to meet with the victims of flood which struck the nation recently. Wearing a black shawl draped over her hair, the longtime partner of Brad Pitt saw some areas which are damaged by the disaster and also spent her time to chat with refugees who stayed in camp.
"It's an extraordinarily complex situation," Jolie told reporters after visiting the camp in the Jallozai area, northwestern Pakistan. "These are very, very long, extended situations that need our constant support for a very, very long time," the "Salt" actress added of the impact of the flood which has killed approximately 1,700 people and affected additional 17 million others, according to BBC.
"I am very moved by them and I hope that I am able to, today and tomorrow, be able to do something to help bring attention to the situation for all of the people in need in Pakistan," Jolie went on. "They have lost their homes. And the floodwater was as high as the ceiling when you see the mark, and I was surprised by that."
"All of their homes were washed away, and it is not just a tent that is washed away in somebody's mind, it is a home, and it is collapsed, and it is mud, and it is their entire life," Jolie continued. "Many of them lost their children during the floods."
Angelina Jolie has visited Pakistan for several times since she was picked as a goodwill ambassador for the U.N. refugee agency in early 2001. Voice of America additionally reported that U.N. issued an appeal for $460 million in emergency funds on August 11, but received only $294 million, or 64 percent. And officials hope that Jolie's two-day visit will help boast donations for the country.
Angelina Jolie Chats With Refugees in Camp:
More Angelina Jolie News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding