Official: Katy Perry to Open 'Saturday Night Live' Season Premiere
Katy Perry is going to visit "Saturday Night Live" as its 36th season is kicked off on September 25. "OKAY! My BIG surprise is I'm opening the season of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE on September 25 W/SNL Alum Amy," so she wrote on Twitter.
Katy Perry is tapped to make live performance, while Amy Poehler will be returning to studio 8H for her hosting debut. Also making their debut on the "SNL" stage are Vanessa Bayer, Paul Brittain, Taran Killam and Jay Pharoah who will join the cast as featured players.
Although it is still unclear whether or not Perry will be included in any of the cast's sketches, she apparently already threw idea about what she wants to do should she be billed to do the sketch. She tweeted, "Dear Amy Poehler can I please be your braced faced neighbor friend that hangs out with you & RICKKKKK!"
More Saturday Night Live News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle