Official: Katy Perry to Open 'Saturday Night Live' Season Premiere
Katy Perry is going to visit "Saturday Night Live" as its 36th season is kicked off on September 25. "OKAY! My BIG surprise is I'm opening the season of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE on September 25 W/SNL Alum Amy," so she wrote on Twitter.
Katy Perry is tapped to make live performance, while Amy Poehler will be returning to studio 8H for her hosting debut. Also making their debut on the "SNL" stage are Vanessa Bayer, Paul Brittain, Taran Killam and Jay Pharoah who will join the cast as featured players.
Although it is still unclear whether or not Perry will be included in any of the cast's sketches, she apparently already threw idea about what she wants to do should she be billed to do the sketch. She tweeted, "Dear Amy Poehler can I please be your braced faced neighbor friend that hangs out with you & RICKKKKK!"
More Saturday Night Live News
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why