Official: Katy Perry to Open 'Saturday Night Live' Season Premiere
Katy Perry is going to visit "Saturday Night Live" as its 36th season is kicked off on September 25. "OKAY! My BIG surprise is I'm opening the season of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE on September 25 W/SNL Alum Amy," so she wrote on Twitter.
Katy Perry is tapped to make live performance, while Amy Poehler will be returning to studio 8H for her hosting debut. Also making their debut on the "SNL" stage are Vanessa Bayer, Paul Brittain, Taran Killam and Jay Pharoah who will join the cast as featured players.
Although it is still unclear whether or not Perry will be included in any of the cast's sketches, she apparently already threw idea about what she wants to do should she be billed to do the sketch. She tweeted, "Dear Amy Poehler can I please be your braced faced neighbor friend that hangs out with you & RICKKKKK!"
More Saturday Night Live News
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2