Marina and the Diamonds Pays Homage to Michael Jackson in 'Shampain' Video
One-woman act Marina and the Diamonds is inspired by Michael Jackson in "Shampain" music video. During a boozy night, the 24-year-old Welsh singer/songwriter has a weird dream of wandering around the park with female zombies following her. At one point, they even break into a dance sequence seen in the late King of Pop's legendary "Thriller" music video.
Filmed in London, the clip is directed by Kim Gehri who has directed videos for Goldfrapp, Chase & Status, and Wiley featuring Mark Ronson. "Thank you, London, for your clear sky & full moon. We made you something special," so she tweeted last month after the filming was wrapped.
"Shampain" is taken from Marina's debut album "The Family Jewels" which has been released since February this year. "[It's about] the depressing side of getting drunk, the obliteration side of having a good time," she said of the song. "It's about insomnia and the joys of champagne."
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?
- Report: Taylor Swift Is Pursuing Prince Harry After Tom Hiddleston Split
- Margot Robbie in 'Saturday Night Live' Promo: I'm a Felon
- Watch James Corden and Backstreet Boys' Synchronized Dance for 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)'
- Gal Gadot Flaunts Sexy Body in Skimpy Lingerie in 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Clip
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge