Marina and the Diamonds Pays Homage to Michael Jackson in 'Shampain' Video
One-woman act Marina and the Diamonds is inspired by Michael Jackson in "Shampain" music video. During a boozy night, the 24-year-old Welsh singer/songwriter has a weird dream of wandering around the park with female zombies following her. At one point, they even break into a dance sequence seen in the late King of Pop's legendary "Thriller" music video.
Filmed in London, the clip is directed by Kim Gehri who has directed videos for Goldfrapp, Chase & Status, and Wiley featuring Mark Ronson. "Thank you, London, for your clear sky & full moon. We made you something special," so she tweeted last month after the filming was wrapped.
"Shampain" is taken from Marina's debut album "The Family Jewels" which has been released since February this year. "[It's about] the depressing side of getting drunk, the obliteration side of having a good time," she said of the song. "It's about insomnia and the joys of champagne."
Marina and the Diamonds' "Shampain" music video
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism