Marina and the Diamonds Pays Homage to Michael Jackson in 'Shampain' Video
One-woman act Marina and the Diamonds is inspired by Michael Jackson in "Shampain" music video. During a boozy night, the 24-year-old Welsh singer/songwriter has a weird dream of wandering around the park with female zombies following her. At one point, they even break into a dance sequence seen in the late King of Pop's legendary "Thriller" music video.
Filmed in London, the clip is directed by Kim Gehri who has directed videos for Goldfrapp, Chase & Status, and Wiley featuring Mark Ronson. "Thank you, London, for your clear sky & full moon. We made you something special," so she tweeted last month after the filming was wrapped.
"Shampain" is taken from Marina's debut album "The Family Jewels" which has been released since February this year. "[It's about] the depressing side of getting drunk, the obliteration side of having a good time," she said of the song. "It's about insomnia and the joys of champagne."
Marina and the Diamonds' "Shampain" music video
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Being the Most Hated Celebrity: 'What Did I Do?'
- Vanessa Lachey Lands Lead Role in 'First Wives Club' TV Remake
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'