Marina and the Diamonds Pays Homage to Michael Jackson in 'Shampain' Video
One-woman act Marina and the Diamonds is inspired by Michael Jackson in "Shampain" music video. During a boozy night, the 24-year-old Welsh singer/songwriter has a weird dream of wandering around the park with female zombies following her. At one point, they even break into a dance sequence seen in the late King of Pop's legendary "Thriller" music video.
Filmed in London, the clip is directed by Kim Gehri who has directed videos for Goldfrapp, Chase & Status, and Wiley featuring Mark Ronson. "Thank you, London, for your clear sky & full moon. We made you something special," so she tweeted last month after the filming was wrapped.
"Shampain" is taken from Marina's debut album "The Family Jewels" which has been released since February this year. "[It's about] the depressing side of getting drunk, the obliteration side of having a good time," she said of the song. "It's about insomnia and the joys of champagne."
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur