Marina and the Diamonds Pays Homage to Michael Jackson in 'Shampain' Video
One-woman act Marina and the Diamonds is inspired by Michael Jackson in "Shampain" music video. During a boozy night, the 24-year-old Welsh singer/songwriter has a weird dream of wandering around the park with female zombies following her. At one point, they even break into a dance sequence seen in the late King of Pop's legendary "Thriller" music video.
Filmed in London, the clip is directed by Kim Gehri who has directed videos for Goldfrapp, Chase & Status, and Wiley featuring Mark Ronson. "Thank you, London, for your clear sky & full moon. We made you something special," so she tweeted last month after the filming was wrapped.
"Shampain" is taken from Marina's debut album "The Family Jewels" which has been released since February this year. "[It's about] the depressing side of getting drunk, the obliteration side of having a good time," she said of the song. "It's about insomnia and the joys of champagne."
Marina and the Diamonds' "Shampain" music video
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival