Video: Wyclef Jean Sings Sean Penn 'Too Busy Sniffing Cocaine' to See Him in Haiti
War of words between Wyclef Jean and Sean Penn over Jean's Haitian Presidential run apparently hasn't come to an end. After Penn blasted Jean for the umpteenth time, the former The Fugees star has now lashed back at the "All the King's Men" actor by preforming his 2004 track "President" and switching up the lyrics.
"I got a message for Sean Penn/ Maybe he ain't see me in Haiti because he was too busy sniffing cocaine," Jean sang. The singer also took aim at his Fugees bandmate, Pras, who has also voiced his concern about Jean's qualifications, singing "I got a message for Praswell/ Even though you don't want to support me/ I got love for you/Even though you only kicked 8 bars in the Fugees."
Penn last slammed Jean by writing a commentary published by The Huffington Post. In the piece, Penn wrote, "Wyclef Jean gave indispensable world attention to Haiti's incredible misfortune (but) I was there for those 6 months after the earthquake and so many of us on the ground wondered where he was when that kind of attention was so necessary and absent, and why he was NOT helping to keep this desperate situation in the news."
"It's clear that Mr. Jean can have an important place in drawing attention to Haiti's needs. However, when New York press agents circle wagons of ignorance and sell as deep insight the advertisement of that which charms them about a client, the lives and needs of the Haitian people are sidelined," Penn added. "These elections are crucial, and I have no part in them. Neither should Mr. Jean."
Pras, in the meantime, showed his concern during an interview with Us Magazine in early August, saying "If he really wanted to help Haiti, he should have chosen his influence and champion and go around these countries that have pledged money to Haiti who have not given a single dime yet. You don't even see 3 percent of what's been pledged. You need to say, 'Listen, we need money!' "
Wyclef Jean Lashing Back at Sean Penn:
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date