'Glee' First Look: John Stamos as Dr. Carl Howell
John Stamos joining "Glee" is a piece of old news but the first look of him as hunky dentist is new. TV Guide shared a promotional photo of Dr. Carl Howell in his jersey, examining Will Schuester's teeth. These two characters will collide in Emma's world.
"Just when Will thinks he'll win Emma because he can sing and dance, we find out Carl used to be in an '80s boy band," Stamos said. "I discover Will's chewing his teeth, so the other day I had, like, four fingers in Matthew Morrison's mouth."
Apparently, Dr. Howell has been going out with Emma even before viewers know about him. "They're already together, yeah. I think they've definitely been together for a little bit, and he's kind of helping her with some of her issues," said Jayma Mays to Movieline, referring to her OCD and germaphobic issues.
Dr. Howell's significance in the second season is also as a bridge to Britney Spears dream sequence. He would be administering anesthesia to Brittany, Santana, Rachel and Artie who will then experience performing with the pop star herself. "Poor Brittany has cavities in every tooth," Stamos said.
Stamos' episode is to air on September 28. He will re-appear in the Halloween-themed episode where he would be singing.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'