'Glee' First Look: John Stamos as Dr. Carl Howell
John Stamos joining "Glee" is a piece of old news but the first look of him as hunky dentist is new. TV Guide shared a promotional photo of Dr. Carl Howell in his jersey, examining Will Schuester's teeth. These two characters will collide in Emma's world.
"Just when Will thinks he'll win Emma because he can sing and dance, we find out Carl used to be in an '80s boy band," Stamos said. "I discover Will's chewing his teeth, so the other day I had, like, four fingers in Matthew Morrison's mouth."
Apparently, Dr. Howell has been going out with Emma even before viewers know about him. "They're already together, yeah. I think they've definitely been together for a little bit, and he's kind of helping her with some of her issues," said Jayma Mays to Movieline, referring to her OCD and germaphobic issues.
Dr. Howell's significance in the second season is also as a bridge to Britney Spears dream sequence. He would be administering anesthesia to Brittany, Santana, Rachel and Artie who will then experience performing with the pop star herself. "Poor Brittany has cavities in every tooth," Stamos said.
Stamos' episode is to air on September 28. He will re-appear in the Halloween-themed episode where he would be singing.
More Glee News
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?