Michelle Williams Premieres 'Meek's Cutoff' at Venice Film Festival
"Meek's Cutoff" premiere on Sunday, September 5 became a highlight on the fifth day of the 67th Venice International Film Festival. Michelle Williams traveled from the U.S. to Italy to support the red carpet event which took place at the Sala Grande Palazzo Del Cinema.
Williams' presence that day got a lot of attention from people as she showed up in a pale Jason Wu silk chiffon embroidered gown with jabot collar. Completing her appearance with Louboutin slingback shoes, Cecelia bag and Bulgari jewels, the mother of one let her short blond hair loose without any accessories.
Bruce Greenwood who lands a male lead role of Stephen Meek in the movie was also seen coming to the premiere. Another cast member Neal Huff and director Kelly Reichardt were additionally spotted inside the building though they were not captured by cameras upon their arrivals.
Based on a true story, "Meek's Cutoff" revolves around experienced mountaineer Stephen Meek who leads an ill-fated wagon train through a shortcut on the Oregon Trail, turning into a tale that includes starvation, a legendary lost gold mine and a Native American scout who might or might not be inclined to save the day.
The film became the talk at the Venice Film Festival on Saturday because "of its unusual take on the tried and true western genre," The Hollywood Reporter says. The drama is among 23 films competing for the Golden Lion which will be awarded on September 11.
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?