Video: First Look at Rooney Mara in 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'
Pictures of what could be the first look at Rooney Mara in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" have been compiled in a video by Rooney Mara Source. The American actress, who portrays Lisbeth Salander, is seen sporting a dark short hair, which is similar to the haircut of the character when she was portrayed by Noomi Rapace in the original Swedish film of the same title.
The video also captures Mara when she still covers her head under a helmet as she rides a motorcycle. However, it is unclear whether the lead actress was shooting a scene for the movie or she was just practicing. RooneyMara.net which also obtains the pictures says they were taken from the set of the movie on Friday, September 3, but Cinema Blend has got information that the production would only start on September 4.
In "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", Rooney Mara will star opposite Daniel Craig who is tapped to play Mikael Blomkvist, the investigative journalist and part owner of the magazine Millennium. The story itself will follow ruthless computer hacker Lisbeth Salander and Blomkvist who are employed to find missing girl Harriet Vanger by her uncle.
David Fincher will tackle the helming duty for the upcoming thriller, which is due December 21, 2011 in the U.S.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son